This is how 2 referees rated Rosemarie:
I have a significant background in the Arts as a broad multi-disciplinary field, as well as with the social sciences, women's studies, philosophy and religious studies. I am a professional painter and writer.
Furthermore, I have extensive experience with several styles of writing, editing, research processes and study strategies. I am proficient with English, and can help with many foundational skills. My range of expertise includes lessons in grammar, syntax, diction, vocabulary, as well as assistance with formatting academic papers. I work with people at all levels, and I am happy to help those learning English as a second language.
• Dedication to fine detail and quality of work: Meticulous, Precise and Motivated.
• Adaptable and considerate - Experience working with people with disabilities.
Starting June 1st, 2020, I will be offering affordable one-on-one Art lessons in my private studio.
I can provide excellent instruction in:
-Oil & Acrylic Painting - Foundational & Advanced Techniques
-Watercolour Media / Painting
-Elements of Design & Composition
-Observational Drawing / Painting skills
2018 - Present. Private tutor for youth, young adults and colleagues. Began through personal recommendations of friends' families. Can provide extensive references.
2019 - Present. Art instructor/Facilitator with Artist25 non-profit Studio. Toronto, ON
2016-2018 Peer Mentor with OCAD University, Toronto, ON
• Responsible for communications and assistance for 4+ mentees each semester (junior students). Extremely approachable, friendly and capable of connecting with ease and providing straightforward information. Demonstrated great enthusiasm for the success of peers, with detailed knowledge of the curriculum.
2016-2019 MAD PRIDE, Toronto, ON. Writer, Chair member and Volunteer
• Responsible for co-authoring publications and outreach communications. Organized and supervised many community events during this time.
2016 Nuit Blanche 2016 – Art Guide
• Assisted as a volunteer art guide for the three public art installations titled “Oblivion” at Nathan Phillips Square. Actively engaged strangers and participants in the public sphere about a wide variety of subjects. Required leadership ability.
I am approachable, and communicate with a non - judgemental, empathetic conversational style. As students are unique individuals, I adapt to the needs and goals we establish together, and can convey a wide variety of creative, enjoyable learning skills according to customized goal setting and timelines. I aim to create a positive, impactful tutoring experience that leaves the other person with a depth of understanding and comprehensive learning outcomes.
I consider myself to be a cordial, optimistic and constructive role-model who has a pragmatic yet inspirational perspective. I am sensitive to the needs of the individuals who I work with and hold myself to a high standard of compassion, kindness and integrity. As a leader, I am collaborative and advocate a collective spirit; I am comfortable with taking initiative, having experience with with public speaking and presentation.
My experience with community organizing comes from my volunteer involvement in human rights and mental health organizations. I have an extensive background working alongside youth and adults with disabilities, from a both a therapeutic and experienced perspective.
Through my own experiences as a student, I have developed insight about organization, time management and prioritization, as well as the nuances of what constitutes high quality research and presentation. My extensive experience as a writer, researcher and creative director in many aptitudes, styles, genres, contexts and situations makes me confident that I would make an excellent tutor to any individual seeking to improve work habits.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: No (✘ Not On File)
- The Ontario College of Art & Design (2020) - Fine Art/Art History, & Minor Degree in Social Sciences (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)
- University of Toronto (2017) - Religious Studies Part-Time minor --- Buddhism & Mental Health Studies program (Other) (✘ Not On File)