This is how 2 referees rated Cindy:
I got my Grade 10 and ARCT in Piano Performance certificates from the Royal Conservatory of Music, and have received many scholarships for top marks on piano and theory exams. I have also won prizes at local and national competitions. Currently, I am a music student at the University of Calgary, and have collaborated with many other musicians in small ensembles and large bands.
Piano Instructor / Vice President
Heart of the City Piano Program September 2017—present
• Provided beginner-level music instruction to financially underprivileged students at University School
• Tutored students in the basics of rhythm, keyboard geography, and music notation
Music performer and sing-along host January 2018 – present
Revera Retirement Residence
• Performed classical and contemporary music for seniors in the Dementia Care Unit in biweekly recitals
• Led sing-alongs and rhythm games with audience members
Choir Accompanist August 2015 – June 2016
• Provided piano accompaniment for the Youth Choir during weekly rehearsals and performances
• Assisted with directing Christmas and spring productions
I am passionate about sharing music with others, and my aim is to make music an opportunity for self-discovery. Lessons are individually tailored to each student's needs, whether it be preparation for piano exams, playing for fun, or learning a specific piece. I also encourage frequent performance collaborations with community organizations, such as senior homes and underprivileged communities.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: No (✘ Not On File)
- University of Calgary (2020) - Bachelors in Neuroscience (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)
- Royal Conservatory of Music (2016) - ARCT in Piano Performance (Other) (✘ Not On File)