This is how a referee rated Christabel:
**Please note that I'm currently only accepting students for online tutoring. I look forward to hearing from you.**
Whether you're struggling in class or just need a little extra attention in order to get ahead, contact me -- YOUR success starts today!
I'm an IT Analyst with a Bachelor of Commerce from McGill University. I have been tutoring for almost a decade and my past clients range from primary school students learning to read, to middle school students with learning difficulties in math, to adults upgrading their high school courses in order to get into post-secondary programs. I have also tutored kids and adults with learning disabilities and am confident in my ability to help you understand - and even enjoy - school like never before!
Independent Tutor (2007 to present)
- provide individualized tutoring to complement classroom learning for a variety of subjects and learning styles, including:
* word recognition and letter pronunciation with early readers
* high school math for students with learning disabilities
* general homework help
* diploma exam preparation
*ESL/EFL/English conversation practice
McGill University (2012 - 2014)
- facilitated group tutorial sessions for Calculus midterm and final exams
- Attracted more than 50 students to the tutorial sessions for finals, earning a bonus
**Teaching Assistant (TA)
- assisted 2 professors and 300 students
- supervised and organized team of junior tutors to grade exams & assignments, assist in classroom sessions and hold lab hours
- created grading key for assignments
- held drop-in tutorial sessions for students
Bow Valley College (Summer 2012)
**Math and English Tutor
- worked exclusively with adult students diagnosed with learning disabilities
- complemented classroom learning with one-on-one sessions several times per week
- subjects ranged from elementary level to Alberta diploma and GED courses
Children's Ministry Volunteer
**Royal Oak Victory Church; Calgary, Alberta (2007 – present)
**Evangel Pentecostal Church; Montreal, Quebec (2012 - 2014)
~ Facilitate lessons, games, discussions and activities for kids aged 3 to 12 years
- Recruit, train and supervise a team of 5 – 10 teenage and young adult volunteers
- Coordinate all logistics of weekly Sunday school services
- Collaborate with children’s ministry leadership team to set ministry goals, plan budgets and organize curriculum
Everything we learn in grade 12 is based on what we were taught in grade 10, and grade 8, and grade 6, and even earlier! By the time they get to high school, students struggle most commonly with material built on a concept they DIDN'T fully grasp in junior high or even elementary school. And during the fast-paced semesters of a busy high school classroom students WON'T spend enough time reviewing basic concepts and they CAN'T get enough attention from their teachers to identify gaps in their understanding.
Why wait until you're struggling to keep up in class? Online tutoring is an easy and affordable way to get the personalized attention YOU need to succeed academically. Flexible times fit your busy schedule and individual support from the comfort of your own home ensures you'll get ahead and STAY ahead. All you need is Skype and an iPad/tablet!
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Additional Languages: French
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (evenings)
References Available: No (✘ Not On File)
- McGill University (2014) - Bachelor of Commerce (Bachelors) (✔ On File)