This is how 2 referees rated Chloë:
A record of jumping from D in English writing and listening to A for my A-level examination within 2 years.
I scored 7.5 for my IELTS.
My mother tongue is Cantonese but I have rich experience of self-taught and effective tutoring methods. I studied in one of the top English grammar secondary schools (St Paul's Convent School) in Hong Kong. I wish to provide a fun learning environment for the students so they can take initiative to absorb the language and find their motive of learning.
2 years, Teaching Assistant in Fine Art Program, Concordia University
1 year, Workshop Tutor ( woodworking, video editing )
Practice makes perfect, I believe that in order to excel a subject, a dynamic practices is important. Learning a language takes a lot of observation and questions. I was able to manage my English skills fluently because of constant reading, memorising vocabularies, writing, listening and learning sentence structures and grammar. Triggering interest is important for learning.
- To link student's hobbies or interests to the language by providing relevant articles reading and topics for them to write
- Enrich their vocabularies
- Focusing on the weakness, help students to face their fear by practicing in a fun way.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: No (✘ Not On File)
- Concordia University (2019) - Fine Art (Masters) (✔ On File)
- IELTS (2015) - score 7.5 (Other) (✘ Not On File)
- City University of Hong Kong (2012) - Creative Media Art (Bachelors) (✔ On File)