Information About CatherineVancouver tutor
This is how 2 referees rated Catherine:
Bonjour! I am a native French speaker from Montréal and I have been teaching in West Vancouver for two years now at a French immersion IB school (École Cedardale Elementary). My biggest strength is the connection I build with my Grade 5/6 students. This resulted in opportunities from parents to tutor their children after-school, which I have been enjoying a lot. With CoVid19, I am now hoping to offer my help remotely using Google Meet.
I can help adults with developing conversational French, essay writing, proofreading/editing/feedback on resumes, reports, etc.
I can help younger learners by stimulating interest by games, creative writing, various lessons on grammar concepts, and exam preparation
It's important to note that I can also teach and help with any subject in elementary education (social studies, mathematics/numeracy, etc.).
- Tutored French to students between the ages of 9 to 17, both in Montreal and Vancouver, Canada
- Two years teaching Grade 5 & 6 at École Cedardale Elementary School (IB French immersion), West Vancouver, Canada
- Substitution teaching for elementary grades at schools in West Vancouver School District #45, West Vancouver, Canada
- One year to newly arrived immigrants at Commission scolaire des Trois-Lacs, Québec, Canada
- One year teaching French to seniors at Collège Bourget, Québec, Canada
- One summer teaching French literacy, adult education sector at Centre des Belles-Rives, Vaudreuil, Canada
Depending on the needs and the age of the learner, I will adjust my approach. I intend on working on the learner's thinking skills by reading comprehension activities, conversations in French about current events, songs, etc.
My goal is to maximize the learner's communication skills by practising their listening and writing abilities. I like to ask questions, guiding the student towards success.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: No (✘ Not On File)
- Université du Québec à Montréal (2018) - High School French as Native Language (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)