Information About Cassandra
This is how 2 referees rated Cassandra:
I'm currently a doctoral candidate at Queen's University, specializing in Environmental Studies. I have an Honours Bachelor's Degree in Sociology from McGill University and a Master's Degree in Sociology from Queen's University. I have over 15 years of experience in tutoring those whose writing requires a bit of extra attention. I am patient, hard-working, and willing to creatively engage with students.
I love reading, writing, traveling, and (of course!) teaching.
I have tutored at the elementary, middle school, and high school levels. I have seven years of teaching experience as a Teaching Assistant (TA) in post-secondary education. In 2015, 2016, and 2017, I received the Teaching Assistant of the Year award in the School of Environmental Studies at Queen's University for my dedication to my students. I have also taught a course at Queen's University in the School of Environmental Studies.
• (2015) Accessible Customer Service Training (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act Training), Queen's University Center for Learning
• (2014) CPR C and First Aid
• (2014) Status of Women Canada Gender-Based Analysis Plus (GBA+) Course
• (2011) Focus on Foundations, Certificate Program in University Teaching and Learning, Queen’s University Center for Learning
• (2010) Employment Equity Workshop at the Queen’s University Equity Office
For me, the first step is to discuss with the student what their expectations are regarding their work. Once we've established that, we can work together to create a game-plan for how we use our time together. I understand that everyone learns differently and that what may work for one student, may not work for another. I am happy to adopt different approaches to ensure that the tutoring is tailored to the individual!
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Additional Languages: French
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Queen's University (2012) - Sociology (Masters) (✔ On File)
- McGill University (2010) - Sociology (Bachelors) (✔ On File)
|Students Providing Feedback:||8|
|Positive Feedback Provided:|
|Total Other Feedback: (not shown)||3|