This is how 2 referees rated Carrie:
I am currently a grade 12 student enrolled in the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme at Bayview Secondary School. I am patient and caring to all of my tutees and will ensure that they improve in the course they require tutoring in. I believe that the learning process is much more than simply taking a formula and plugging that into all of the questions—learning is taking the formula, understanding how it was made, and discovering new ways it can be applied.
I have completed my first year of IB, so I am specialized in tutoring IB subjects and I am more than happy to help students who would like to be enrolled in the IB program and require some assistance in the entrance exam or have general inquiries regarding it. If you have any questions regarding high school courses, or more specifically the IB program, feel free to send me a message!
NOTE: I am more comfortable tutoring in a public space, such as a local library. I will try my best to cater to your preferences for convenience.
I am experienced in teaching and working with children ranging all ages:
- Math tutor for students in from grades 7-10 (3 years)
- English tutor for students in grade 7 and 8 (2 years)
- Reading buddy for children ages 4-9 at a local library (2 years)
- All-in-one tutor for junior high to high school students (2 years)
My approach follows four main steps:
1. Listen to the student's understanding of the concept and the aspects that they find challenging.
2. Teach them the concept in a simple and clear manner that they will find interesting and easy to grasp.
3. Have them practice different questions to ensure that they fully understand.
4. Review the content learned in the session and provide extra worksheets as homework, if necessary.
Through individual one-on-one tutoring, your child will not only show huge progress in the subject, but they will also acquire a passion for learning, stronger learning skills, and self-confidence.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Additional Languages: Chinese
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Bayview Secondary School (2018) - Grade 11 IB Student (School) (✘ Not On File)