Information About Carline - Calgary tutor
|College / University||$20.00|
I am a passionate and responsible individual, currently completing the final year of my Bachelors in English Language and Literature. I have been working in the private tutoring industry for over five years, and would love to bring my experience and enthusiasm into our lessons!
- Over five years of tutoring English for Grades K - 12
- Tutoring International Baccalaureate (IB) English (Higher Level/HL) content
- Provided essay editing for International Baccalaureate (IB) English essays, including class writing content and Works in Translation (WIT) essays
- Provided essay editing, and essay writing workshops for first year university students
Growing up with parents that have stressed academic excellence has led to various experiences with several tutors throughout my childhood. I have been led, nurtured, and educated by many individuals who I now admire. It is largely due to these experiences that I have shaped my idea of the qualities that make a good teacher: patient but firm on the pursuit of success, the ability to communicate to both parents and students alike, and understanding of each individual’s various approaches towards learning.
I believe that every child has the capability of achieving academic excellence, and that a good teacher should be able to help any willing student accomplish this. It is with this mindset that I have tutored several students in the past. I have taught ESL high school students English 20-1, 30-1, and 30-2, and watched as their understanding of English literature grew alongside their grades in the course. I have, by tailoring learning approaches, taught young students that disliked mathematics, and had no desire to sit still. I have communicated with parents about their child’s progress, and exceeded their initial expectations.
I am certain that my experience and my dedication towards each student will be beneficial towards your child’s learning. I hope to work with you and to continue nurturing your daughter and her love for academics.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: No (✘ Not On File)
- University of Western Ontario (2019) - Bachelors of English Language and Literature (Bachelors) (in progress)