Information About CaitlinToronto tutor
HELP YOUR KIDS STAY AHEAD BFORE SCHOOL STARTS.
I am an experienced and qualified tutor focusing on helping students build confidence and learn the right skills to succeed. I specialize in helping young students from preschool to teens in reading, writing to homework and study skills support. I take a personalized approach with each student, identifying areas where they need more support and providing instruction to help them learn the essential skills to succeed. I believe a supportive learning environment is where students can have a safe space to make mistakes and ask questions are the key to building life long learners. I work to ensure every student feels motivated to keep learning even after their lesson with me.
I am a Ryerson graduate with an Honours Bachelor Degree in Media Production with a minor in English and Politics. I’ve been working as a writer and work to enhance lesson environments with storytelling and a safe creative space to do their best. I would love to help you or your child succeed before school starts. I have experience working with students with a variety of learning disabilities and special needs (from ADHD to anxiety to autism). I began working as a certified ski instructor at 15 years of age and a swimming instructor before becoming a formal tutor for students in elementary, middle school and high school.
- teaching small groups and one-on-one since 2010
- One-on-one in-home tutoring for students Pre-K to University Prep (Writing, Reading, Comprehension skills, exam prep).
- Over 15 years of experience in teaching environments
- All lesson planning prepared to make lessons fun, engaging, and educational as per the Ontario Curriculum
- Lesson content is made age-appropriate, to include areas such as the alphabet, phonics, reading, writing/spelling, and pronunciation
- Ensuring the personal academic success of my students by supporting them to the best of my ability, using a customized lesson plan catered to individual needs.
- Meeting Ontario curriculum guidelines by incorporating these requirements into lessons, ensuring students have a firm understanding of classroom material.
- Acting as a caregiver if necessary, should an emergency occur.
- Work with each student and family to ensure time is well-spent and encompassing student's individual needs
- One-on-one tutoring in the home environment to improve homework skills and the ability to study within that space.
- Highly organized and flexible schedule to accommodate students’ schedules and available to parents by email/phone in between tutoring sessions.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (evenings)
References Available: No (✘ Not On File)
- Ryerson University (2016) - Degree, Medis Production, English (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)
- UCLA (2013) - Certificate, TV Writing for the US Market (Professional) (✘ Not On File)