Information About AudreyRichmond Hill tutor
This is how 4 referees rated Audrey:
Hi! I've recently graduated from McMaster University with a Hon. Bachelors of Science, majoring in Life Sciences and minoring in Psychology. I love teaching and I have many years of experience. I love to bake, crochet, swim, and read! I'm always down to chat! I speak English and Mandarin fluently.
With COVID-19, I understand that keeping up with learning may be harder. I am here to help stay on top of school work, ensure understanding and help students go above and beyond. I have experience with online tutoring to help maintain social distancing without impeding the learning process. I will provide and mark work at the student's learning level.
Tutoring in Hamilton:
- Organize tutoring environment to promote productivity and learning, resulting in efficient and effective learning
- Helped students with any questions they had at school, generally math, English, and science
Mentor with Frontier College:
- Review keywords and aids with reading in literacy support sessions for students to help improve their literacy fluency
Class Assistant at Bayview Hill Elementary School:
- Reviewed and practiced English words and letters with English Language Learners to help improve familiarity with the language
- Listened to student complaints and encouraged compromise, resulting in reduced conflicts between students
- Instructed proper form on swimming styles and life-saving techniques to students, resulting in massive improvements
I strive to individualize materials to accommodate different learning speeds and better assist students with homework and prepare for school tests. I utilise a variety of different tools and methods to help students understand. For younger students, I incorporate learning material into games and other activities. I encourage asking questions and coming up with learning methods together that are best-suited for each student. I like to use students' hobbies and interests in writing to help encourage and inspire students.
Generally, I will work on topics that students have difficulty with during school, and provide additional examples to help them understand. Parents, guardians, and students can also raise areas of interest that they want to improve on.
In all, I like to ensure that students are having some freedom in the way they learn so that everyone can learn effectively and to the best of their ability!
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- McMaster University (2020) - Hon. Bach of Science (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)
- Lifesaving Society (2016) - Standard First Aid and CPR-C (Other) (✘ Not On File)
- Lifesaving Society (2016) - Swim, Lifesaving, and Emergency First Aid Instructor (Other) (✘ Not On File)