Information About AmirLondon tutor
The IT, Computers and Business are my professions. However, teaching is my great passion and motivation. I have deep association, drive, focus, commitment, and a strong professional work ethics towards education. I am eager to take on new challenges and fully confident that I can deliver strong results for my students.
I have always been a top rank student in my school, college and then in university. Maintained A and A+ throughout educational career
- Have studied Mathematics from School to Engineering University. Overall 16 years of education in Mathematics. Have average score of 83 marks in these 16 years.
- Have always maintained Grade A and above.
- I recently tutored mathematics to two students of class two and five according to Ontario Curriculum. The younger student completed mathematics of class two and three in one and a half year, the older student completed mathematics of class V, VI and VII in one and a half year. I used learner centered approach with them and selected online resources rather than only text book. I selected those resources which could give them step by step learning with sufficient practice.
- I completed one year advance diploma in TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) from Aga Khan University which is a leading international university of Pakistan. This program was conducted in collaboration with University of Warwick, UK. The program offered advance courses related to teaching besides courses specifically related to teaching of English.
- I also completed research project “Language Learning Strategies & Their Relationship with Proficiency“ conducted at world famous HEJ Research Institute of Chemistry at the University of Karachi, Pakistan. This was mandatory requirement of our TEFL program. The complete Research Report is available for review.
- I have also taught English and Mathematics part time for one year in a secondary school in Karachi. It was also mandatory requirement of our TEFL program.
- I have also tutored number of students from grade 9 to grade 12 during my student years at the University.
- My last two jobs have been with two leading educational institutes of Pakistan. The first was Habib Education Trust and the second was Hunar Foundation. I have worked as head of IT in both places. Both institutes were very keen to start online education. I introduced and implemented Moodle for both institutes.
- I have been project manager of a training project while I was working in Australia & New Zealand Bank as Assistant Manager (role was Project Manager & System Analyst) in the IT Department in Karachi, Pakistan. Successfully planned and executed training of MS-Office and Windows of all the employees (400 total) of the bank. The challenge was that almost all the employees had been using DOS based PCs and MS-Office and Windows was an entirely new experience. The training was designed keeping in view the needs and the level of expertise of different user groups in MS-Office and Windows. The training was interactive and each user was given opportunity to practice exercises of the lessons delivered in the class room on audio visual.
Each child is different and can have different learning approach. We must first determine learning approach of the child. The greatest learning comes through practice. I emphasize on making proper lesson plans with keeping in view learning approach and sufficient practice for the child. The practical examples also help students in developing real insights in any subject they are learning.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: No (✘ Not On File)
- The Center of English Lanuage/Aga Khan University (2005) - Advance Diploma in TEFL/Teaching (Professional) (✘ Not On File)
- N. E. D. University of Engineering and Technology (1989) - Computer System Engineering (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)