This is how 2 referees rated Alexis:
I’m Alexis and I’ve been a language instructor for over 7 years.
I have a masters degree in applied linguistics with a specialization in Teaching English as a Second Language.
Carleton University (Ottawa)
Course support for two language instructors of Spanish as a Foreign Language – School of Linguistics and Language Studies
• Awarded one of the three 2018-2019 Outstanding Teaching Assistant Awards by the School of Linguistics and Language Studies at Carleton University
• Provided language support to groups of students from diverse undergraduate programs and cultural backgrounds
• Conducted language lab groups
• Assisted with lecture preparation and instruction
English as a Second Language Instructor
Albert Street Education Centre (Ottawa)
Practicum placement at the Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada (LINC) program
• TESL Ontario in-class hours of observation and teaching
• Provided linguistic and cultural support to newcomers to Canada at CLB levels 3-4 and 5+
English as a Foreign Language Instructor
Technology Institute of Iguala (Mexico)
Taught English as a Foreign Language (EFL) at a university level
• Taught EFL to groups of students from diverse undergraduate programs
• Developed and implemented weekly lesson plans and module planning, incorporating various elements of the language (e.g… grammar, pronunciation, pragmatics)
• Administered language proficiency tests
• Taught more than 500 hours
Spanish as a Foreign Language Instructor (Ottawa)
• Facilitated foreign language readiness to a grade-11 student to prepare her for the International Baccalaureate Diploma (IB). Promoted her academic speaking and writing skills in Spanish.
• Taught more than 100 hours
I have lots of experience working with adults and young adults from different cultural backgrounds.
I am particularly interested in helping you develop your oral fluency skills and also develop your confidence in speaking in different situations. However, I can design lessons to foster any particular aspect of your reading, writing, listening, and speaking skills.
My lessons are always interactive and adapted to topics you are interested in and familiar with.
Thanks to my extensive experience teaching both English and Spanish as foreign and second languages, I am particularly aware of the difficulties and challenges that second language learners have and I’d be glad to help you overcome them.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Carleton University (2019) - MA in Applied Linguistics and Discourse Studies (Masters) (✔ On File)