Information About AhmedToronto tutor
This is how 2 referees rated Ahmed:
My journey to private tutoring and education was about 20 years in the making.
I was born to Indian parents in England and raised in Papua New Guinea. I have lived in Canada since 1998 when I moved to pursue undergraduate education at the University of Toronto.
With a major in Economics and minor in Actuarial Science, I completed a Bachelors of Arts degree in 2002. I entered the actuarial profession and attained the Fellowship of the Canadian Institute of Actuaries and it’s U.S. counterpart, the Society of Actuaries. After 15 years in retirement consulting, I decided to fulfill the long lost interest for teaching.
- Bachelor of Arts (Major: Economics; Minor: Actuarial Science) from University of Toronto
- Qualified actuary from Canadian Institute of Actuaries and Society of Actuaries
- Tutored over 100 students in economics, mathematics, actuarial science, statistics, business and finance at university and high school levels
- Teaching over 700 courses across Canadian universities and high schools
- Formally taught Economics, Mathematics and Business in private high schools (Brooklyn College, City Academy, Toronto International College)
- Prepared study manuals and conducted exam seminars for Microeconomics and Macroeconomics at Ryerson University
I focus on explaining the rationale behind concepts and the underlying purpose they fulfill. From there, depending on the topic, I help students develop techniques for performing the necessary calculations and drawing the correct conclusions.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: No (✘ Not On File)
- Canadian Institute of Actuaries (2010) - Fellow fo Canadian Institute of Actuaries (Professional) (✘ Not On File)
- Society of Actuaries (2009) - Fellow of Society of Actuaries (Professional) (✘ Not On File)
- University of Toronto (2002) - B.A. (Economics and Actuarial Science) (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)