Information About Abiola
This is how 2 referees rated Abiola:
I have over 5 years experience in tutoring.
I am a skilled educator with the ability to work with children of various intellectual, behavioral and physical challenges. Self-motivated and dependable while achieving high performance with minimal supervision.
Graduate Teaching Assistant- University of Windsor, Ontario 09/2018 － Current
• Organized class curriculum and assisted professor with developing new presentations.
• Oversaw students in group settings and offered academic guidance.
• Completed daily tasks for professors as directed.
• Supervised students in labs.
• Provided instructions in the use of software including Excel, Word and SPSS.
• Utilized email, phone and in-person meetings to answer questions and mentor struggling students.
• Adhered to university requirements for student assignments, testing and grading of work.
• Tracked class and student metrics including attendance, projects, labs and reports.
Educator- Government Secondary School, Kaduna 05/2016 － 04/2017
• Enhanced the learning experience using various types of equipment and aids.
• Created lesson plans and chose supporting materials to further promote the learning experience.
• Oversaw and directed parent conferences, lesson plans, and classroom activities.
Educator- Voyage International School, Abuja (VISA)Abuja 01/2016 － 04/2016
• Offered detailed daily reports that outlined each child's activities.
• Identified early signs of emotional and developmental problems in children and brought them to the parents' attention.
• Familiarized parents with center's policies, regulations, fees and curriculum.
• Escorted children on outings and trips to local parks.
Teaching Assistant- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife 01/2012 － 12/2014
• Helped students master learning concepts through one-on-one and small group tutoring.
• Tracked class attendance and student progress.
• Took attendance, graded assignments, and maintained routine student records.
Elementary Classroom Teacher- Amazing Leaders Primary School 07/2009 － 08/2010
• Worked with administrators to develop effective classroom management policies.
• Involved parents in student education by cultivating strong relationships.
• Oversaw class field trips to keep students safe and help them learn about related topics.
• Utilized district standards to plan lessons that addressed all requirements and prepared students to take standardized assessment tests.
• Administered tests and assessed results to evaluate student understanding of material.
• Maintained a safe, clean, and organized classroom environment.
I use the interactive method of teaching while focusing also on individual needs.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (evenings)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- University of Windsor (2019) - M.A Sociology (Doctorate) (✘ Not On File)
- Obafemi Awolowo University (2015) - B.Sc(Honors) Demography and Social Statistics (Bachelors) (✔ On File)