Information About Vince - Wallsend teacher - (4 reviews)
This is how 4 referees rated Vince:
Vince offers a FREE first / introductory lesson!
I have many years experience playing guitar and mandolin in bands, folk and ceilidh dance groups, churches and choirs.
My taste in music includes folk, rock and blues, traditional Northumbrian and Celtic, Americana and music with a spiritual dimension. I sing in a men's folk choir as well as leading a small choir of my own.
My musical skills continue to develop by completing further advanced guitar grades and by teaching students. I successfully completed a music facilitator's course at the Sage, Gateshead in 2012.
1. Teaching guitar and mandolin to adult and child beginner and intermediate level students.
2. Teaching adult groups of beginner and experienced guitarists.
3. Facilitating and teaching harmony singing to a community choir, providing guitar accompaniment.
1. Teaching guitar to year 5 and 6 children in a local primary school on a sessional basis, 2002-2008.
2. Teaching a small group of intermediate level teenage guitarists in a small ensemble, 2007-10.
References and Feedback are available on request.
Music can be calming, creative and enjoyable at every stage in life!
For me it is a privilege and a pleasure to play and teach guitar and mandolin.
Are you keen to learn and improve by:- casual lessons? specialized practice? by taking exams?
perhaps you want to develop your understanding of music theory OR mix of these approaches?
I will:- 1) agree individual goals with you AND 2) help you to enjoy and develop your playing!
I will : 3) review your progress regularly AND 4) prioritize your musical interests and needs, not mine!.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Additional Languages: French
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Gateshead College/Sage Gateshead (2012) - Community Music Higher Education Access Programme (College) (✔ On File)
- Registry of Guitar Tutors (2010) - RGT Grade 6 Guitar, Distinction (Other) (✔ On File)
|Total Amount Of Feedback:||4|
|Total Positive Feedback:|
As a tutor I am engaged in a learning process too, always. It is genuinely enjoyable and creative for me too therefore to try and gauge what you want and need to learn.
And what steps we identify together - to get you most effectively to the next stages in your development as a guitarist and musician- is as you say an organic process, unique to you.
It draws on both of our individual talents and efforts very positively so far.