Information About Urte - Chelmsford teacher - (6 reviews)
This is how 2 referees rated Urte:
Having started playing the piano at the age of 4 I soon fell in love with music and my life became inseparable from it. Some years later I started participating in various national and international piano competitions and since then I have become a prize winner in over 20 of them (Czech Republic, France, Poland, Germany, Italy, Lithuania, Scotland). I am Royal Conservatoire of Scotland graduate (both bachelors and masters) performing music that varies from Baroque to contemporary, including jazz and popular music.
My teaching career started at the age of 16. My focus has always been one-to-one piano lessons but I am also offering a variety of supportive classes for those seeking more profound musical knowledge. Such classes are extremely helpful for those willing to take ABRSM exams.
- One-to-one piano classes
- One-to-one theory lessons
- Music appreciation workshops
- Chamber music coaching
- Sight-reading course
Teaching is no less an art than it is a skill. I do not have, and hopefully will never have, a certain style of teaching. I believe that this must vary with every single student. My way of teaching depends on each individual because I pay respect to their personal qualities as well as musical abilities. I am working with those willing to take ABRSM examinations as well as those who want to learn playing the piano for their own enjoyment. Neither of these mean 'more boredom' nor 'less progress'. Beginners as well as advanced players are welcome.
I am currently offering ONLINE tuition. Contact me for the FREE introductory class, dedicated for:
- Identifying your needs. Be it exam preparation, learning or polishing specific repertoire, identifying best beginner strategy – this will be discussed during your first session, free of charge. Lessons are arranged and confirmed once you are happy with the plan.
- Setting up. Do not pay for time spent on testing cameras, microphones, call angle, etc. Lessons are arranged and confirmed once both sides are happy with the online class set up.
- Scheduling. Discuss the best lesson time and frequency. Classes can be arranged on fixed basis or arrange as you go (you arrange each lesson time individually)
PVG scheme certificate (work with vulnable adults and children)
DBS check completed
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Additional Languages: Lithuanian
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Goldsmiths University of London (2019) - Music Psychology (Masters) (✘ Not On File)
- Royal Conservatoire of Scotland (2017) - Piano for Dance (Masters) (✘ Not On File)
- Royal Conservatoire of Scotland (2015) - Bachelors with Honours - Piano Performance (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)
- Music School of Kaunas (2011) - Piano Performance (School) (✘ Not On File)
|Total Amount Of Feedback:||6|
|Total Positive Feedback:|
I would like to be able to give a 5 however when i read Urtes profile i believe it stated she could travel? However following only a couple of lessons and and unexpected move of address it wasn't the case and she wasn't able to travel due to a busy schedule of piano lessons and due the location of where she was teaching from and the piano used I felt £30 per hour was over priced compared to what I've seen advertised elsewere. Urte would do well to provide an initial questionaire to her clients to query a full understanding of their musical back ground as already being a successful music producer with music released looking to further improve my piano skills in aim of progressing my own capabilities, I felt this had become unacknowledged and something that may or may not have helped with my theoretical teachings.
This was my personal experience only and for anyone looking to simply learn to play the piano. Urte is still highly recomended in terms of capability, knowledge & a passion to teach.