Information About Sebastian - Purley teacher
This is how 2 referees rated Sebastian:
I am a music student at Oxford University, graduating in Sept 2021. I have tutored grade V theory, aural of all standards, and hold four ABRSM Grade 8's (Piano, Singing, Trombone, Theory). I have worked at an independent secondary school and am experienced in working with children.
• Magdalen College, University of Oxford reading Music, 1st class in Preliminary Exams (1st Year)
• Trinity School, Shirley Park, Croydon 2010-2017
• A Levels (Music, Spanish, Maths) – AAA with an A* in EPQ
• GCSE’s 6 A*’s 3 A’s
• ABRSM Grade 8 – Trombone (Distinction), Singing (Distinction), Piano (Pass), Theory (Merit)
The King’s School Worcester, Music Assistant (September 2017-September 2018)
• Assisted in the general running of the department through preparation for and active participation in regular rehearsals, concerts and academic lessons. Composed music for the carol service and tour to Venice;
• Accompanied ABRSM exams from Grades 1-6, regular concert events and music scholarship auditions;
• Tutored Aural and Theory Grades 1-8 on a 1-to-1 basis for all year groups;
• Ran the school’s music entries for the national Arts Award scheme, mentoring 15 students over Bronze and Silver levels, who all received their qualification.
Private Tutor of Grade V theory: guided student through complete syllabus, and obtained the qualification first time using the virtual theory exam.
Private Tutor of Oxbridge interview and application: had sessions with two prospective Oxbridge students about the application process.
I am a fun, friendly, and motivational tutor who sets clear goals and helps you achieve them! I always set clear tasks for in between lessons, and focus on any problems before starting the lesson. I shape my lessons to your individual needs and I am always open to feedback, happy to adapt lessons to work best for your learning style.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Trinity School, Croydon (2017) - A Levels (AAA, A* in EPQ) (School) (✔ On File)
- Trinity School, Croydon (2015) - GCSE (6A*, 3A) (School) (✔ On File)