Information About Sara - Fulham teacher
This is how 2 referees rated Sara:
Sara offers a discount of 50% on their first / introductory lesson!
Multi-talented musician, performer, songwriter and producer, Sara has worked with some of the most eclectic and inspiring artists/creatives around including Priya Ragu, Kindness, Rosie Lowe, Tupac Martir, Sundara Karma.
Her performances also included playing European and International tours and festivals with Kindness, Tricky and Dagny, musical directing, live programming and performing for Claudia Kane, Mai Kino, Francesca Belmonte and Gazel, sharing the stage and opening for Deep Purple, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Robyn, Django Django, Everything Everything, Apparat, James Blake and many more.
Hailing from the eternal city of Rome where she has studied classical and popular music at Sonus Factory Music School, specializing on piano, keyboards, synthesizers and live performance, Sara has crafted and developed a wide understanding of various styles and genre and since she moved to London in 2011, she quickly integrated into its thriving music scene. During her first year in London she completed her Audio Engineering and Music Tech studies at SSR in Camden.
Alongside her undeniable skills as a pianist and keyboard player, Sara also plays guitar, electric bass and she's recently started learning western concert flute, and over the last 5 years, she has balanced a career as a producer and songwriter. Co-writing credits includes Francesca Belmonte, Jo Williams (Longlight), Chris Hills (Peak Futures).
In 2018 & 2019, Sara was commissioned by top Media Brand PEAK Labs. She composed and produced a series of soundtracks and helped the brand developing music, sounds & voice guides for their new digital health Peak Sleep - Sleep Better app.
Furthermore, Sara is a highly experienced Music Educator, Piano teacher (classical and any genre within popular music), Music Technology, Production & Ableton tutor. She's currently a freelance piano and music production tutor at Stringnote Academy.
Sara is a very passionate and dedicated teacher and her music background is quite broad. She has studied and performed almost every genre within the popular music, strengthening furthermore her skills with her classical studies, therefore she can adapt her lessons in order to support fully her students' needs… She has been teaching pupils and adults, and also children with learning disabilities.
Sara teaches beginner to advanced students from age 5 and up.
Piano lessons with Sara include:
- Correct posture and hand positioning
- Warming up with scales and arpeggios
- Learning pieces that the student enjoys
- Option of taking grades with ABRSM or Rock school Board
- Listening to different pianists in different genres and exploring the sounds of the piano or keyboards
- mp3 and pdf/charts of the lessons provided to support the students during their weekly practice
Music Theory Lessons
Sara teaches beginner to intermediate students from age 7 and up.
Music theory lessons with Sara include:
- Studying from the ABRSM graded books or tailored to the students needs
- Applying theory knowledge to the pieces we are studying
- Combining theory and aural skills listening to intervals, scales, chords, time signatures, keys
Teaching in Music Production/composition
Sara’s lessons include:
- Software / DAW overviews,
- Synthesis and MIDI,
- Production/composition techniques, theory etc.
Sara specialises in electronic, pop, soul and folk but can teach almost any genre – the fundamental techniques are applicable to all styles.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Additional Languages: English (British)
Availability: Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- York University (2015) - International Summer School 2015 (York) - Hands On Music (Other) (✘ Not On File)
- SSR London (2014) - Audio Engineering Techniques & Technology (Masters) (✘ Not On File)
- Sonus Factory Music Institute (2010) - Music Performance Diploma (College) (✘ Not On File)
- La Sapienza (2006) - English and languages of the modern culture (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)