Information About Sammi - Laindon teacher - (2 reviews)
This is how 4 referees rated Sammi:
*** COVID-19 UPDATE: Offering instrumental and academic lessons online only (via Zoom) - lessons in person will not be available at this time. Price has been discounted due to this. ***
As a recent graduate from a Russell-group University (The University of Leeds), I have spent the past six years growing my tutoring service and working with some wonderful students!
I offer lessons for:
- Music: Piano, Violin and Music Theory,
- Primary Maths & English,
- 11+ exam preparation.
I have attained grade 8 in both piano and violin with over 15 years of playing and most recently, have become an Associate of the Royal Schools of Music (ARSM). In addition, I was the recipient of two performance awards: Toothill Performance Award 2017-18 and The Ernest and Luther Gaunt Music Award 2018-19 for advanced ability.
WHY CHOOSE ME?
- I offer a fun, friendly and tailored tutoring service for anyone wanting to develop their skills or learn something completely new.
- Experienced in private tutoring since 2014 with current students ranging from 5-28 years of age.
- DBS-checked and experience working in various Primary Schools.
- Parents and students have cited noticeable progress, an increase in motivation to practise and increased confidence as just some of the results from our lessons together.
More reviews can be found towards the bottom of my page.
As a classically-trained musician, this is what I specialise in teaching and have prepared students for many ABRSM & TRINITY music exams. However, I also teach those who are learning just for fun (in the past these pieces have included: folk tunes, Disney, and Einaudi or anything the student wants to learn).
As well as performance preparations, correct posture, techniques and music theory will be covered as these are vital for building a strong foundation in any musical education. Parents of current students have found that introducing technical and theoretical features into lessons has resulted in a noticeable difference in their child's understanding and playing ability.
REVIEWS FROM CURRENT PARENTS/STUDENTS: (collected July 2020)
- ‘We can not fault Sammi. She is consistent, patient and firm. We like how she doesn't let (name removed) mess around. She pushes (name) out of her comfort zone which always gets results.’ From the parents of a 9-year old student.
- 'I am really grateful for and very satisfied with your professionalism, preparedness as well as your kindness and care for my daughter and her progress'. From the parent of 15 year old student.
- 'Sammi has the teaching ability of someone you’d normally associate with being a lot older than herself. She’s a great listener and has been able to progress my piano ability whilst only teaching me online classes for 30 mins a week. Would definitely recommend to anyone who’s looking for a virtual piano teacher'. From a 23 year old student.
- 'I like that we work through the parts that I find difficult which no other teacher has done before. You are always happy, which makes me happy'. From a 10 year old student.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- ABRSM (2019) - Performance Diploma with Merit (Other) (✘ Not On File)
- University of Leeds (2019) - BA(HONS) Music (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)
- Southend High School for Boys (2016) - 4 AS & 3 A Levels (School) (✘ Not On File)
- Brentwood Ursuline Convent High School (2013) - 11 GCSEs (School) (✘ Not On File)
|Total Amount Of Feedback:||2|
|Total Positive Feedback:|
I can tell you Sammi she is a friendly approach to teaching the piano. She will give you set goal every time you leave a lesson to work on and review them on return to lesson. When you are stuck on piece or technique. She will give you suggestions to progress forward. She will base the lesson on the individual person and ask what you need help with before carrying out the lesson. She up for answering any questions on music theory or knowledge playing the piano. If anyone was interested starting to playing the piano. I would recommended Sammi to my friends and family.