Information About Niamh - Bristol teacher - (1 review)
This is how 2 referees rated Niamh:
I am a saxophone and music theory teacher from Donegal, Ireland, currently studying at the University of Bristol. I have been playing the saxophone for 10+ years and completed my Performance Diploma in Classical Saxophone in 2016 (DipLCM). I have extensive performance experience in orchestral, ensemble, concert band, popular music and jazz band playing.
I teach all saxes; soprano, alto, tenor and baritone. I have been teaching for five years, both 1-1 and group lessons. During that time I have taught a range of ages, from 8 to 60+.
I have modelled my teaching methods around my own experience in performance, examinations and auditions, as well as masterclasses from various professionals, including Kenneth Edge.
My teaching focuses on a number of key factors which include:
1) Breathing and the control of performance anxiety – giving assistance to those students completing grades and/or performing publicly.
2) Tone and musicality.
3) A deeper understanding of the music theory underpinning the instrument and the pieces being played.
While these techniques may vary depending on the genre, I believe they are the making of any good player and performer.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- London College of Music (2017) - Performance Diploma in Classical Tenor Saxophone (Other) (✘ Not On File)
- Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music (2016) - Grade 8 Pianoforte (Other) (✘ Not On File)
- Royal Irish Academy of music (2015) - Grade 8 Classical Saxophone (Other) (✘ Not On File)
- Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music (2014) - Grade 5 music theory (Other) (✘ Not On File)
|Total Amount Of Feedback:||1|
|Total Positive Feedback:|