Information About Melody - Twickenham teacher - (6 reviews)
This is how 3 referees rated Melody:
Melody is an experienced and dedicated tutor of Cello, piano and music theory with a BMus(Hons) degree in Cello from the Royal College of Music and a Mmus degree from Trinity Laban Conservatoire. Melody has been awarded a Barbirolli Memorial prize for cello, Vera Kantrovitch Competition and The Leonard Smith & Felicity Young Duo Competition. She was also a member of Southbank Sinfonia in 2019.
As a teacher, she had a number of full-time students in the South West London area, and has worked with schools such as Marlborough College and Thomas’s Battersea. On top of busy performing schedule, Melody has been teaching privately since 2014 and currently teaching piano and cello at Marymount International School London.
Melody是一位有教學經驗的音樂老師， 畢業於皇家音樂學院後得取全額獎學金在三一拉邦學院完成碩士學位。在演奏方面Melody得獎無數，除了室內樂跟獨奏上的發展，她是南岸交響樂團(Southbank Sinfonia)的團員。
教學部分Melody參與過許多outreach programme 在各個知名的學校，包括Thomas’s Battersea 以及私立Marlborough College。 目前任教於Marymount international School London，教學大提琴以及鋼琴的一對一課程
I teach quite a few students privately each week, and I really enjoy working with all of them. During the day, I divide my time into teaching and performing, where I teach in school weekly and other days I spend time playing in orchestra and chamber ensembles.
I consistently receive excellent feedback from students, whether they are learning exam syllabus or not. Here is the detail of my teaching experience:
* Taught Piano students from age 5 to 30, specialise in beginner/ intermediate tutoring
* Taught cello students from age 8 to 40, specialise in small group tutoring
* Most of students focus on playing instruments at good level, rather than exams. As the result, they all have good fundamental technique and end up getting Distinctions and Merit from the ABRSM exams.
* Preparing students for ABRSM Examinations, with a focus on preparation towards Grade 5 Theory
* Specialise in ABRSM sight-reading section, all students taken ABRSM have obtained distinction and merit in sight-reading section.
專注在準備試奏考試，大部分學生都有拿到Merit 跟 Distinction.
* Familiar with ABRSM and Suzuki Method
I am a patient and friendly as a music tutor, I always aim to work with student in relaxing atmosphere, as I have been teaching young aged students, as well as adult students. I specialise in ABRSM sight-reading section, where most of the teacher spend most of the lesson time on exam pieces and scales. There are some students only taking lessons on sight-reading with me, and all of them have obtained distinction and merit in ABRSM sight-reading section.
I mainly teach at home, near St Margarets London, with possibility to travel to nearby students.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Additional Languages: Chinese, English (British)
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Trinity Laban Conservatoire (2019) - Cello performance (Masters) (✔ On File)
- Trinity College London (2018) - Fellow of Trinity College London (Other) (✔ On File)
- Royal College of Music (2017) - Cello performance (College) (✔ On File)
- Walnut Hill School for the Arts (2012) - Piano and cello performance (School) (✔ On File)
|Total Amount Of Feedback:||6|
|Total Positive Feedback:|
My daughter is wating next lesson :)
Punctual, communicative and wilg to teach from alternative books ( Suzuki preferred).
It's always a pleasure to have lessons with her.