Information About Matyas - Muswell Hill teacher
This is how 2 referees rated Matyas:
I am a musician, specializing in creative music teaching, workshop leading, performing andhistorical performance. My aim is to connect with people through music. I believe, music is a universal language that moves the body-mind-spirit at the same time, and goes well beyond words and physical reality. It helps to understand ourselves and the others around us. I am striving to use this language as a tool, with a fresh and energetic approach.
As a violin and viola teacher, I have experience also in group teaching, as well as in individual (one to one) teaching. I used to be a tutor of The Music House for Children. Currently, I am continuing my teaching path in The Masters Music School and the North London Conservatoire - Colourstrings.
Courses on Teaching:
- Instrumental; teaching course by Paul Harris, Royal Academy of Music
- Outreach Workshops course, Royal College of Music
- Applied Instrumental Teaching Course, Royal College of Music
- Theoretical/practical Teaching Course, Royal College of Music
My primary aim is to lead and support the pupil on its way, where she/he can express herself/himself freely through music. It is important for me to approach music with the student from every angle possible, which results in a rich experience and long lasting skills.
Which areas of musicianships are covered during the lessons?
- Instrumental playing (technique, posture, maintanance)
- Music theory
- Harmony and Aural
- Historical background of the music being learned
- Musical expression (rhethorics)
My main tools and inspiration consist of Kodaly Concept, Dalcroze's Eurhythmics, Alexander Technique and Simultaneous Learning (innovative teaching approach by Paul Harris).
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Additional Languages: English (British), Polish, Slovak
Availability: Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Royal Academy of Music (2016) - Master of Arts, viola (Masters) (✔ On File)
- Royal College of Music (2014) - Bachelor of Music (Hons), viola (Bachelors) (✔ On File)