Information About Matyas - High Wycombe teacher
This is how 2 referees rated Matyas:
I am a professional musician - I perform with leading orchestras based in London and I am a Teaching and Training Manager at Sing Education (a company which brings high quality music education to more than 60 primary schools across London). I teach violin and viola privately, as after finishing my studies at the Royal College of Music (Bachelor of Music) and Royal Academy of Music (Master of Arts) in 2017, I discovered a passion for passing on the skills of instrumental playing to the younger generations.
I specialized in creative music teaching, workshop leading, performing and historical performance. My aim is to transform people's lives through the power of music. I believe, music is a universal language that moves the body-mind-spirit. I strive to use and teach this language with passion and by an energetic approach.
*** ONLINE TUITION AVAILABLE ***
As a violin and viola teacher, I have experience in group teaching, as well as in individual (one to one) teaching. I used to be a tutor of The Music House for Children, The Masters Music School and the North London Conservatoire - Colourstrings. I also taught violin through the Orchestra of the Age of Enlightenment education department in various schools across London.
At the moment I am a Teaching and Training Manager at Sing Education - working with primary school children and training professional musicians to become highly skilled music educators. I also continue to teach violin ad viola privately.
Courses on Teaching:
- Instrumental; teaching course by Paul Harris, Royal Academy of Music
- Outreach Workshops course, Royal College of Music
- Applied Instrumental Teaching Course, Royal College of Music
- Theoretical/practical Teaching Course, Royal College of Music
Key facts and characteristics:
- Tailored, personalised learning path, adapted for each student
- Holistic approach - technique, musicality, theory, aural, history
- High energy and engaging lessons, with inspiring music making
- 100% exam passing rate
- Commitment and dedication to teaching and working with people in general
- Reliability, organisation and clear communication
Which areas of musicianship are covered during the lessons?
- Instrumental playing (technique, posture, maintenance)
- Music theory
- Harmony and Aural
- Historical background of the music being learned
- Musical expression (rhethorics)
My main tools and inspiration consist of the Kodaly Concept, Dalcroze's Eurhythmics, Alexander Technique and Simultaneous Learning (innovative teaching approach by Paul Harris).
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Additional Languages: English (British), Polish, Slovak
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (evenings)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Royal Academy of Music (2016) - Master of Arts, viola (Masters) (✔ On File)
- Royal College of Music (2014) - Bachelor of Music (Hons), viola (Bachelors) (✔ On File)