Information About Matthew - Waltham Forest teacher - (4 reviews)
This is how 2 referees rated Matthew:
Matthew offers a discount of 25% on their first / introductory lesson!
--TAKING NEW STUDENTS FROM 2021--
I am a young and friendly professional musician working primarily in and around London.
Since graduating from the Royal Academy of Music with a Distinction in Jazz Performance, I have appeared professionally with bands including London Jazz Orchestra, Neon Orchestra, Nikki Iles Big Band, and Jazz Plus Ensemble, as well as my own groups. I have also appeared on several albums, and performed at many of the country's top music venues and festivals.
As a teacher I try to create a fun and encouraging atmposphere for all students, as I believe this is the best environment in which to progress. Lessons are tailored individually to each student and aimed at their own personal goals/requirements.
I play and teach the soprano, alto, and tenor saxophones, as well as jazz piano and theory.
- Woodwind Tutor at Abercorn School.
- Jazz Specialist at Brentwood School.
- MEHR Clef summer school course tutor (2019, 2020).
- Ronnie Scott's "Big Band In A Day" Workshop Leader.
- Tutor for Jazz Rehearsals London.
- NYJC "Jazz Ambassador" ; a course focused on developing the skills to teach improvised music to under-18s.
- Musical Director of Durham University Big Band (2012).
Drawing on a wealth of teaching experience, I have developed a bespoke approach both to teaching the saxophone, as well as improvisation and jazz theory.
I can help you with :
-fundamentals of the instrument/technique
-reading and sight-reading
-dexterity and fluency
-jazz and improvisation, learning tunes
-harmony and composition/arranging
PLEASE CONTACT ME - if you have any further questions or would just like to discuss your goals.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Royal Academy of Music (2015) - MA (Distinction) in Jazz Performance (Masters) (✔ On File)
- Durham University (2013) - BSc (2:1) Psychology (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)
|Total Amount Of Feedback:||4|
|Total Positive Feedback:|
He, immediately puts you at ease and his friendly style is reassuring.
I like the challenges he proposes; I've found that these help to focus and build skills (scales, improv… etc).
With my busy work schedule, Matt was extremely accommodating with respect to practise locations and times.
Thank you for all he help… I will be requesting more lessons this summer!