Information About Matej - Slough teacher - (3 reviews)
This is how 2 referees rated Matej:
Matej offers a discount of 50% on their first / introductory lesson!
My particular forté is helping students who are keen to play the piano but lack confidence in their ability to do so.
• Seasoned concert pianist with proven history of performing at illustrious venues including Golden Hall in Vienna and several invitation-only performances at Windsor Castle
• Exceptional leadership and ability to motivate and inspire.
• Proficient in four languages (English, German, Russian, Czech)
• Current enhanced CRB (DBS) check.
• 15+ Years of proven working experience as a tutor, having played piano in total of over 35 years
• Exceptional results of pupils from local, regional and nationwide music competitions and festivals
• Multiple awards from regional music festivals (Plymouth, Windsor, London, Marlow and Maidenhead) with 91+ mark (honors) for performances in the recital and composition classes
I enjoy teaching, helping and supporting pupils, no matter what level or age. I believe the suitability of the individual to learn piano is given not by the age, but by the ability to listen and follow the instructions. For that reason it is important to be able to determine whether the prospective student is capable to understand and so adapting the approach is important – treating adults in a same way as children and vice-versa might prove ineffective. I believe I have an outstanding ability to empathize with my pupils and therefore each lesson is a tailor-fit to the student's nature and abilities. Having a strong working connection with the parents is also a great tool to encourage young children – in a positive way - to practice and improve. Having said that, I don't consider myself some super teacher with high expectations. In fact, I realize vast majority of piano students are the ones having lessons as a hobby on the side. Contrary to popular belief, great students aren't found by a teacher. Great sudents are MADE by the teacher, and I have every confidence I can make you - or your child - a great pianist, through my leadership and ability to motivate, insipire and taking individual approach.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Additional Languages: English (British), German, Russian
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Prague Music Conservatory (2003) - Piano (performance) (Masters) (✘ Not On File)
- Prague Music Conservatory (2003) - Composition (Masters) (✘ Not On File)
- Prague Music Conservatory (2003) - Conducting (Masters) (✘ Not On File)
|Total Amount Of Feedback:||3|
|Total Positive Feedback:|
Regarding the lessons, Matt sets great store by getting all the basics right (fingering, emphasis, cadence etc.) before allowing his student to move onto the next section or play faster. I think most students will benefit from this approach, especially an intermediate like me.
I would recommend Matt unreservedly.
Thank you for your feedback!