Information About Mark - Epsom teacher - (3 reviews)
This is how 4 referees rated Mark:
Mark is a freelance singer, working primarily in the operatic world. He has recently finished a year long contract with Scottish Opera, and is now looking to take on new pupils.
Having been a freelance peripatetic teacher of singing and piano for the last seven years, both privately and at top London independent schools, music education is something that Mark is passionate about.
Mark obtained an Bachelor of Music degree at Birmingham University, before going on to London's Royal College of Music and Glasgow's Royal Conservatoire of Scotland to study singing.
2015-17 - Singing teacher at Colet Court and Latymer Upper School
- One-on-one tuition for prep school students
2015 - Classroom singing and musicianship teacher at Salcombe Preparatory School
- Taught singing to classes of up to 16 students
- Prepared for end-of-year concert, including writing original material
2009-present - Private singing and piano teacher
- Large amount of experience with all ages and abilities in a wide variety of styles
- Teaches music theory, aural awareness and vocal percussion
- Able to accompany on piano, guitar, banjo, and accordion
2012-13 - K2K Stars
- Weekly group and individual teaching of 4-18 year olds
2012 - Volunteer work with Sistema England, coaching disadvantaged children in orchestral music
Want to improve your piano or singing skills? Total beginner with no idea how to get started? More experienced musician looking to brush up your skills? Book your first lesson with Mark !
Mark's main aim when teaching is not only to instil a solid technique, but also a love of music. Lessons are highly approachable, fun and productive, and he is comfortable and experienced teaching a large range of styles, ages and abilities.
He is well liked and respected among younger students and adults alike, due to his genuine enjoyment and enthusiasm for helping musicians to make tangible improvements. In addition to instrumental teaching, Mark has experience teaching music theory and academic music, and in preparing pupils for ABRSM grade exams.
Mark is fully DBS checked, and experienced in online teaching. He teaches primarily using Zoom and Skype, but can use a variety of platforms to suit your needs.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Royal Conservatoire of Scotland (2019) - Master of Opera (Masters) (✘ Not On File)
- Royal College of Music (2015) - Master of Performance (Masters) (✔ On File)
- Birmingham University (2012) - Bachelor of Music (Bachelors) (✔ On File)
|Total Amount Of Feedback:||3|
|Total Positive Feedback:|
|Total Other Feedback: (not shown)||1|
He makes concepts easy to grasp and uses many analogies to help. Would definitely recommend to anyone looking to start singing.