Information About Marie - Tower Hamlets teacher - (18 reviews)
This is how 2 referees rated Marie:
Online and one-to-one violin teacher tuition/lessons
I am a professional violinist specialised in teaching violin with students of all ages. I have the following achievements:
●A gold medal from the Conservatory of
●Degree in violin from the Conservatory of
●Music Degree from the University of Paris-
●Master of Arts in interpretation from the
Geneva Music Conservatory.
I will adapt to your musical taste by combining technical skills and musicality and can teach all styles from classical, Russian, Latin American, Irish and Gypsy music.
I can do the lessons in English or French.
I am DBS checked.
£40/h (or £370 for 10 lessons).
£35/45 min (or £320 for 10 lessons).
£35/h (or £320 for 10 lessons).
£30/45 min (or £270 for 10 lessons).
Lessons are given in my flat between stepney green and mile end station.
* Please note that any lesson cancelled on the day will be charged as it's a too short notice for me to replace it with another student.
I gained 14 years of experience in several music schools and private and group lessons.
My students are ranging from young children to adults.
I would like to share my passion with you and to teach you what I have learn whilst studying with some of the greatest masters of violin.
If you don't have a violin yet I will be happy to go with you (for free) to a music shop to give you some tips to find the good one!
I think it is important to divide the lessons into two parts, first to work on the technique witch will enable you to interpret a pieces of music in the second part.
My students have the possibility to play in duet with another student if they enjoy that.
I also organise some concerts with all my students and their family to watch them.
I have years of experience teaching at all levels.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Additional Languages: English (British)
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Hight School of music (2015) - Master (School) (✔ On File)
- Conservatory of Paris (2011) - Bachelor (School) (✔ On File)
- Paris-Sorbonne (2011) - Bachelor musicologie (Bachelors) (✔ On File)
- Conservatory of Bordeaux (2007) - Gold of medal (School) (✔ On File)
|Total Amount Of Feedback:||18|
|Total Positive Feedback:|
On top of that she took time out of her day to come with me to buy my first violin, testing various instruments and bows to find a good combination for me.
Honestly don't know what more I could possibly want from a teacher!
I will do my best to help you to reach your goals!
I played the violin for a few years when I was a child. Marie is constantly surprising me with tricks and concepts I should have already known. I'm having a great time with her and I'm learning a lot.
Well done for what you've done until here and see you next week!
At the time I joined Marie (for violin), there were already several comments about her which made me decide that she might be the right person. After about 5 lessons, I can say several things about her.
1. Her initial impression definitely creates an impact. She was polite, friendly, and nice to talk to.
2. She notices even the tiniest details, which make the difference between a good violin player, and one who doesn't really care. Things like sudden "unwanted" elbow movements when crossing strings, for example.
3. She teaches all the "tricks" which you need to know, which even good teachers might not necessarily mention. For example, the importance of keeping your fingers ready and just above the string when playing scales or pieces, which will greatly aid you in playing fast. Another example is to place all your fingers on the relevant string when descending in a scale, which helps for the same reason (to play fast).
So far, a great experience, and she has really gained my confidence and trust. Thanks Marie!
She has a very nice manner, she points out my mistakes very quickly but always very nicely. With this great feedback I feel I have improved a huge amount, even over the course of each lesson I notice the improvement.
She will take into account your goals and preferred styles for learning and adapt the lessons accordingly. She is very knowledgeable and perceptive. Oh, and her cats are the best :-)
Marie really cares about her students, If you are serious about learning and improving your violin playing, then Marie is the tutor for you. Every lesson I've had thus far has been different, the hour finishes at a blink of an eye and I'm always looking forward to my next lesson with her.
I had one particular lesson where I had issues with my 2nd and 3rd finger on the A and E string. Marie came up with about 5 different examples of what I should do, at the end of the lesson I had a clear picture in my head because she thought inside the box and outside the box to really help me find a solution.
Marie gives you confidence that you can play, that you can improve and whatever level you want to get to, Marie will help you achieve it.
I've had approximately 10 lessons. I've thoroughly enjoyed my lessons and I'm excited about further improvements I will make in the next 10 and the next 10 lessons after that.
She is very professional, patient and attentive to details.
We would highly recommend Marie to anyone who is looking for a violin teacher.
Thank you very much for all your support and kindness with our daughter, she is really enjoying your lessons.