Information About Marco - Clapham teacher
This is how 2 referees rated Marco:
I'm a professional saxophone player (tenor, soprano and alto), arranger and composer. I achieved my bachelor's degree at Conservatorio "Vincenzo Bellini" of Palermo, Italy. I completed my master's degree at Guildhall school of music and drama, London. I have a wide experience as freelance performance, and big band saxophone player. I played for some international festival as "Langnau Jazz nights" in Langnau (Switzerland, 2013) or "London Jazz festival" (London, 2015). I attended several masterclasses with musicians as Seamus Blake, Dino Govoni, Emanuele Cisi, Francesco Cafiso, Marco Tamburini, Danilo Rea, Max Ionata.
Private teaching in Italy
I'm a friendly, serious and trustworthy person. Even if I want the students to aim for common purposes, I believe that everyone has different features. So, I have to focus clearly on what a student really needs in order to improve his skills, and then, according to this, I encourage his musicality.
Generally every saxophone student should develop the following skills:
- a proper breathing
- sound (quality, dynamic, volume)
- time feel
- general knowledge of the fingerings (and eventually alternative fingerings)
- tecnique (scales, arpeggios)
- Repertoire (releted to the style the wish to play)
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Additional Languages: English (British)
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (daytime)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Guildhall school of music and drama (2016) - Jazz master's degree (Masters) (✘ Not On File)
- Conservatorio "Vincenzo Bellini", Palermo (Italy) (2014) - Jazz saxophone bachelor's degree (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)