Information About Theodoros - Southwark teacher
This is how 3 referees rated Theodoros:
*ONLINE LESSONS ONLY* Dedicated and versatile tutor with relevant tuition experience in piano and music theory. The musical styles I am teaching in is classical and contemporary (e.g. pop) and prepare the students not only for the ABRSM examinations, but also to work in the contemporary music industry depending on their desires.
I am using effective methods, especially when it comes to teaching young children. I have a strong desire to provide my pupils with the best education and experience in every lesson. I have an encouraging and friendly, yet professional attitude.
I also teach in English or Greek.
With regards to my piano and music theory experience,
- I worked as a tutor through the Susanna Cassam Music Tuition (SCMT) in Brighton
- I also worked as a tutor at the West Kensington Music Tuition (WKMT) in London
- Finally, I have teaching experience through the Center of Music Education in Cyprus
According to the piano lessons, they are technique focused and applied to the individual student. Concepts such as posture, hand position etc. will be included in each and every lesson in order to develop a high standard technique which is necessary for their professional career as pianists, and that is important to learn from a young age.
As for the music theory, I follow the guidelines of the Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music and can be included as part of the piano lessons or individually.
Through my university studies, I developed a high standard of teaching not only technique, but also how to perform a certain music piece as it is an important skill to have when it comes to live performances.
I am an enhanced DBS checked and a member of the Musicians' Union.
You will get 50% discount for the first lesson in order to see how you like it. Looking forward to hearing from you!
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Additional Languages: Greek
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Academy of Contemporary Music (2019) - BA (Hons) Professional Music Performance (2:1) (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)
- Lyceum of Agios Neophytos in Pafos (2016) - Final School Diploma (First with Honours) (College) (✘ Not On File)
- Associate Board of Royal Schools of Music (2014) - Grade 8 in Piano (Merit) (Other) (✘ Not On File)
- Associate Board of Royal Schools of Music (2014) - Grade 8 in Music Theory (Pass) (Other) (✘ Not On File)