Information About Lou - Lewisham teacher - (1 review)
This is how 2 referees rated Lou:
I’m a 27 y/o guitar teacher, songwriter and performer, currently offering lessons both in person and online via Zoom, or other online video platform. I can teach a range of styles including folk, classical and rock, and can cater to a range of needs, whether you’re starting grades, want to learn to read music, understand scales/music theory, or want to just learn songs (or how to write them yourself!).
- 1st Class Honours in BMus Popular Music, Goldsmiths University
- Distinction in MA Computational Arts, Goldsmiths University
- ‘Sounding Shore :: COAST TO COAST live Volume 1 (various artists)’ DIVAcontemporary – track: ‘Electronic Wind Chime’.
- ‘Week of Bees’ Metal Postcard Records
- ‘Week of Cows’ (Reworks)’ Metal Postcard Records
- ‘Rainbow Plastic (Laughing Cow)’ Metal Postcard Records
- ‘If I’m Me Who Are the Other Three’ Metal Postcard Records
- ‘Rowan’s Advice’ Warm Laundry Records
Musical awards and Commissions
- £1000 - Joe Allard commission to write and perform a 2 hour piece at Colchester Arts Centre
- £250 - Joe Brown Memorial Award to fund my creative research project, involving songs exploring migration.
I have 3 years teaching experience, working freelance as a guitar teacher and also teaching students at Eric Linsey Music Ltd in London. I have experience teaching a range of ages from 5 yrs old to 75 yrs old.-
In the first lesson we will look at where you are at in terms of level, and find out what it is exactly you want to do. From then on I structure my lesson plans around making sure you get exactly what you want from the lessons, flexibly steering the course to suit your needs as you discover and find your playing style, be that to become a great folk finger-picker, a jazz improviser, a songwriter, a classical guitarist, a lead soloist or rhythm guitarist in a band, experiment with new styles, or if you want achieve grades, learn about music theory, to read music.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Goldsmiths University of London (2017) - BMus Popular Music (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)
|Total Amount Of Feedback:||1|
|Total Positive Feedback:|