Information About Johnny - Leeds teacher
This is how 2 referees rated Johnny:
I am an enthusiastic piano teacher with 10 years experience in music education and as a professional musician. Since graduating from Leeds College of Music in 2010 I have taught piano individually and in groups to students of all ages, all abilities and a range of styles. As a professional musician I most recently received a nomination for the BASCA British Composer Award 2018 and have had original projects featured on BBC Radio 2, 3, & 6 as well as touring throughout Europe at major festivals. My professional experience combined with my educational experience gives me a unique insight into how to learn, create and perform music, whatever the style!
Since graduating from Leeds College of Music I have been involved in music education. I have taught privately from my home and around Leeds, in schools around Yorkshire as a peripatetic teacher and provided workshops with the charity Live Music Now for children and adults with learning disabilities.
I can teach and prepare you for exams including ABRSM up to Grade 8, teach you your favourite songs or how to play in a range of styles including jazz, rock & pop. If you are either a parent looking for a new teacher for your child, someone looking to improve on certain aspects of your playing or a complete beginner of any age, I can help you fulfil your ambitions.
- 2:1 BA Hons Jazz Studies Degree from Leeds College of Music
- Classical ABRSM Grade 8
- DBS Certified
- Excellent knowledge of music theory
- Years of experience as a teacher and professional musician
What I can teach you :
- All Examination Board Syllabuses, including ABRSM classical and jazz grades : pieces, scales, arpeggios, broken chords, sight reading & improvisation.
- Music Theory : I have an excellent knowledge of harmony and classical written theory.
- Learning your favourite songs : Learn specific pieces and how to read chords so you can play along to favourite music.
- Jazz : improvisation, harmony, chord voicings and extended techniques for piano.
- Composition : writing your own songs, harmony and arrangements.
In the first lesson I will discuss with you your musical interests and your own goals and ambitions for learning piano. After this initial discussion the lesson will be crafted with your interest’s and goals in mind.
I look forward to hearing from you!
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Leeds College of Music (2010) - 2:1 BA(hons) Jazz Studies (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)