Information About Jen - Guildford teacher
This is how 2 referees rated Jen:
Hello my name is Jenny and I am an experienced Guildford based music teacher. I initially studied music at the University of Surrey and since then I have taken a range of music and teaching qualifications. I have taught music within the classroom, small groups and on a one to one basis. I strongly advise taking theory lessons alongside practical lessons to develop essential skills for being a musician, especially if you want to take GCSE or A Level music further down the line.
Qualified and experienced (15 years) classroom and instrumental teacher
PGCE (Music classroom teaching)
DipABRSM (Flute teaching)
LTCL and ATCL (Flute performance)
PGCert (Instrumental teaching)
BMus(hons) Music Degree 2013
Grade 8 piano and flute
Grade 5 music theory
DBS checked and insured
I aim to always keep my lessons varied and fun. I provide weekly practice notes and advise how to keep improving between your weekly lessons with me. Pupils are expected to practice in-between lessons to ensure sufficient progress is made.
I am based in my garden studio in central Guildford. I encourage pupils to take music exams or have a performance or recording to aim towards. These could be live or pre-recorded exams, taking part in local music festivals, making a video for family and friends. I am also more than happy teach just for fun and enjoyment.
I am happy to teach children and adults, however with particularly young children, I do encourage a parent to sit in the lesson. Ideally I will start a pupil at the age of seven.
What lessons offer:
- Designated teaching space in central Guildford
- Detailed practice notes after each lesson
- Frequent progress report feedback to parent/carer
- Graded exam preparation
- Recital preparation (GCSE, A Level, Auditions)
- Piccolo, saxophone and recorder lessons (please enquire)
- Instrument purchase/hire advice
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- University of Buckinghamshire (2020) - PGCE Music (PGCE) (✘ Not On File)
- TRINITY LABAN (2019) - PGCert Instrumental Teaching (Professional) (✘ Not On File)
- Trinity College London (2017) - LTCL and ATCL flute performance (Other) (✘ Not On File)
- University of Surrey (2009) - BMus(Hons) (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)