Information About Japhy - Brentford teacher
This is how 2 referees rated Japhy:
Japhy offers a discount of 50% on their first / introductory lesson!
Experienced drummer/drum tutor based in West London
Japhy started drumming at the age of 11 and went from being taught in group lessons at school to taking private tuition from a very well respected drum tutor in NZ.
- Graduated with a BMus (Hons) in Popular Music Performance (Drums) at BIMM Institute London.
- I have experience working with young people.
- Concepts covered include: foundational techniques, rudimental studies (and how to apply rudiments in unique and interesting ways to the drum set), coordination studies, technique, linear phrasing, improvisation, time keeping patterns, soloing ideas, dynamic control, four way co-ordination and sight-reading.
- Musical styles covered include: Pop, Rock, Indie, Funk, Reggae, Drum and Bass, Modern electronic genres, Jazz, Hip Hop, R&B, Punk, Metal, World music and Latin.
For more information please don't hesitate to get in touch.
I look forward to hearing from you!
- I am a drum tutor with over 15 years experience of playing live in various bands and over 6 years teaching experience of all ages.
- With my experience of playing live music in a variety of different band situations coupled with my music education, I am able to apply the practical skills and knowledge that I have learnt in to lessons for students who are interested in learning for fun, writing original music, exploring new concepts, collaborating with other musicians or gaining their Trinity/Rock school grades at all levels.
- I provide one-to-one/online tuition offering guidance to students in groove, technique, rhythm and time keeping as well as boosting performance confidence.
- I endeavour to keep my approach interesting, fun and educational to develop students' drumming and musicianship to a higher level whether you're a beginner, intermediate or advanced player.
- Lessons are tailored to suit the individual needs and goals of the student and are aimed to teach at a pace that works for their particular skill level to ensure the most effective results.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- British & Irish Modern Music Institute - London (2020) - BMus (Hons) in Popular Music Performance (Drums) (Bachelors) (✔ On File)
- Kensington & Chelsea College (2016) - HNC Diploma in Fine Art - Merit (College) (✔ On File)
- Kensington & Chelsea College (2016) - GCSE English Language (A) (College) (✔ On File)
- Kensington & Chelsea College (2016) - GCSE Mathematics (C) (College) (✔ On File)