Information About James - Lewisham teacher - (2 reviews)
This is how 2 referees rated James:
I am a professional freelance trombone player, and teacher based between London and Somerset. I studied the trombone at the Guildhall School of Music and Drama, under some of the world’s most esteemed trombone players, including Eric Crees, Simon Wills, Chris Houlding, Peter Gane, Mark Templeton, Emily White, and John Kenny.
I now enjoy a varied freelance career, playing in a wide range of musical settings, including the Pro Youth Philharmonia and Dorset Opera. I have also played alongside Brian May and Kerry Ellis, and performed in world-renowned concert venues, such as the Barbican and Wigmore Hall.
- I have extensive experience teaching all age groups, from beginner through to diploma standard. I have taught mature students, as well as children as young as 3.
- I have worked at Westminster School as their Music Graduate Assistant. Here, I had experience coaching the brass ensemble, as well as tutoring the brass section within larger ensembles.
- I have done outreach work at the Sage Gateshead, in Newcastle, where we took side-by-side's, demo concerts, and workshops.
- Trombone Tutor, at Somerset County Youth Concert Band.
Whatever the student’s level or ability, I ensure that enjoyment lies at the centre of my lessons, whilst stimulating and challenging each individual to reach their potential and personal goals.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Guildhall School of Music and Drama (2021) - BMus (Hons) Classical Trombone (College) (✔ On File)
- Wells Cathedral School (2013) - ABRSM Grade 8 Trombone (distinction) (Other) (✔ On File)
|Total Amount Of Feedback:||2|
|Total Positive Feedback:|