Information About Ian - Leeds teacher
This is how 2 referees rated Ian:
Ian offers a discount of 25% on their first / introductory lesson!
Hi there, my name is Ian and I have over 10 years of Music Production experience. I currently work as a freelance sound engineer (Recording, Mixing and Mastering, Live Sound) as well as creating educational Music Production courses on various DAWs.
Having worked with numerous genres of music ranging from Electronic, Pop, Rock, Jazz and Classical, I will be able to teach you the fundamentals of Music Production and their appropriate application for different styles of music. I have an MA Masters Degree in Music Production and a BA (Hons) Degree in Music Production.
Over the past years I have been privately tutoring students, as well as creating numerous Music Production courses. I use many different pieces of Music Production software, so have extensive experience using and teaching Logic Pro X, FL Studio, Studio One, ProTools and Ableton.
I've helped students learn how to use and understand the basics of DAW's, develop and improve their mixes, as well as further their understanding of how to use these skills in a variety of situations across different genres.
Welcome students of all ages and levels of ability.
Actively engaging with students individual interests and learning styles is essential to make sessions more fun and productive. In the first session it's important for me to grasp your current level of experience and any goals you're aiming for. Everyone learns differently so it is important to be flexible with teaching methods while sticking to a structure which will work for you. Weekly tasks will be set to ensure anything taught in sessions is reinforced.
To expand on this, if you are interested in:
- DAW Training; I will guide you through how to effectively and efficiently use Music Production software, from setting up to creating/recording and editing music. If you currently do not have a DAW of choice, I can advise you on which piece of software to use, depending on your workflow, how you like to create Music and your budget.
- Mixing and Mastering; Levels, Panning, EQ, Compression, Reverb and Creative Effects. I'll show you how to use these processes differently in varied situations (up to advanced level).
- Recording (live/location/studio); Here I can cover practical details of microphone selection, placement, room selection, creative recording techniques, gain staging, etc. as well as information regarding other equipment and variables to consider based on experience (up to advanced level). I have access to a selection of equipment which can be used to aid your understanding of the recording process.
Sessions available at my home studio, or on location; with sessions from 30 minutes - 2 hours.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Leeds College of Music (2016) - Music Production (Masters) (✔ On File)
- Leeds College of Music (2014) - Music Production (Bachelors) (✔ On File)
- Nower Hill High School (2011) - Music Technology A Level (College) (✔ On File)
- Nower Hill High School (2011) - Music A level (College) (✔ On File)