Information About Ian - Leeds teacher
This is how 2 referees rated Ian:
Ian offers a discount of 25% on their first / introductory lesson!
Ian graduated from Leeds College of Music with a Masters in Music Production. During his time at University he was primarily a studio engineer with extensive experience in recording bands and artists of various genres, such as Jazz, Pop and Rock. Since graduating Ian has set up a recording business focusing on mixing, mastering, location and live recording.
**Web Address Removed**
During my time at University and beyond I have taught the ins and outs of DAW's to a number of students using Logic Pro, Protools and Garageband, as well as recording both in live and multitrack situations.
I've helped students learn how to use and understand the basics of DAW's, develop and improve their mixes, as well as further their understanding of how to use these skills in a variety of situations across different genres.
Welcome students of all ages and levels of ability.
Actively engaging with students individual interests and learning styles is essential to make sessions more fun and memorable. Everyone learns differently so it is important to be flexible with teaching methods while sticking to a structure. Weekly tasks will be set to ensure anything taught in sessions is reinforced.
To expand on this, if you are interested in:
- Mixing and Mastering; Here I will cover the basics of and applications of EQ, Compression, Reverb etc. (up to advanced level).
- Recording (live/location/studio); Here I can cover practical details of microphone selection, placement, room selection, creative recording techniques, gain staging, etc. as well as information regarding other equipment and variables to consider based on experience (up to advanced level).
Sessions available at my home studio setup, or on location; from 30 minutes - 3 hours.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Leeds College of Music (2016) - Music Production (Masters) (✔ On File)
- Leeds College of Music (2014) - Music Production (Bachelors) (✔ On File)
- Nower Hill High School (2011) - Music Technology A Level (College) (✔ On File)
- Nower Hill High School (2011) - Music A level (College) (✔ On File)