Information About Helena - Sale teacher - (1 review)
This is how 2 referees rated Helena:
Helena offers a discount of 50% on their first / introductory lesson!
Helena is currently an upper strings tutor at at Opera North's In Harmony Project, teaching the violin and viola in primary and secondary schools. After achieving a first class honours degree from the Royal Northern College of Music in 2019, she is also undertaking a Master's degree focusing on violin performance and pedagogy.
Helena trained as an intern with the RNCM Young Strings for one year, assisting in ensemble, individual, Kodaly and dalcroze lessons for young violinists violists and cellists.
Alongside teaching and studying, Helena has an active performance career. She has been seen on TV performing with Liam Gallagher and the Sugababes, and has also performed with Craig David, Paloma Faith, and Emile Sande, to name a few.
As a vibrant orchestral player, Helena is a member of the Chineke! orchestra, promoting diversity in the world. She has toured in California with the San Diego International Youth Symphony. Previous orchestras include the National Youth String Orchestra and CBSO Youth Orchestra.
Helena is the first violinist of the Lux Quartet who have recently been on tour to Greece whilst premiering their new Outreach project, teaching string players chamber music. The Lux Quartet give classical and contemporary recitals in Manchester. Helena has also recently performed Tchaikovsky’s Sextet at the Delft chamber music festival.
- Currently an upper strings tutor at In Harmony Opera North, teaching violin and viola to primary and secondary schools.
- Lancashire Music Hub casual tutor.
- Won the Leverhulme Mentorship award at the RNCM.
- I trained whilst being an intern with the RNCM Young Strings.
- Work experience with the BBC Philharmonic Learning department.
- Participant in violin masterclasses in Austria, Germany and Poland.
- Over five years of teaching experience, including teaching on residental courses in Wales and in Greece.
- I am a calm, patient individual who believes that the main aim of music tuition is to succeed in many areas of life and to have fun.
- I structure my lessons so that targets are always achieved at the individuals own pace.
- I have taken courses in body mapping, and performance anxiety which I implement into my teaching to make sure each individual feels at their best when they perform.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Royal Northern College of Music (2019) - Bachelor of Music (Violin performance) (Bachelors) (✔ On File)
|Total Amount Of Feedback:||1|
|Total Positive Feedback:|
Helena is professional, kind, encouraging and inspiring teacher. My daughter has improved a lot and always looks forward to her next lesson.
We would highly recommend Helena to other violin learners.