Information About Friedrich - Manchester teacher - (7 reviews)
This is how 3 referees rated Friedrich:
Friedrich offers a discount of 50% on their first / introductory lesson!
Online lessons available! I give private music lessons in guitar, improvisation, composition, production and music theory. In our lessons we will focus on creativity, technique and theory. I want to spark your creativity so you can start composing and improvising music.
I am an independent musician, guitarist, composer, producer and tutor and have a broad knowledge of music, play several instruments (guitar, bass, piano, drums, percussion, vocals) and am a confident performer and patient teacher. I use Ableton Live and Push to record and produce music that covers many genres, from Jazz Fusion to Electronica, Video Game Music and OSTs.
I have been involved in the music industry for 19 years and have hands-on knowledge and experience with booking and playing concerts, recording and releasing music, online promotion via social media, managing people, projects and time.
I started teaching guitar in 2011 in Dresden, Germany, and since then have taught many students of all ages and abilities. Since 2012 I am based in Manchester and teach private one on one lessons. From 2016 to 2017 I worked for One Education teaching a class of 20 year 5 and 6 students at a school in Chorlton, Manchester.
I am self-taught and apart from self-study, covering, composing and playing in bands I have taken private lessons in guitar, piano, drums, singing, composition and music production with tutors from Germany, England and the USA. I also have taken part in a few online courses.
In our lessons we will focus on the trinity that is creativity, technique and theory. All three are necessary to develop a deep understanding of and connection with music and help you approach it from different angles. We will adjust the outline of our lessons to your way of learning after assessing your skill level, the music you like to play and listen to and the direction you want to go in. I want to spark your creativity so you can start composing and improvising music.
“You can only teach yourself. Until we live in a day where I can physically implant knowledge into your head, I can teach you nothing. I can only show you things.” - Victor L. Wooten
These are all the areas that I am teaching. You can pick and choose what you want to learn and create your own learning path.
• Rhythm and lead guitar
• Guitar techniques
• Different styles & genres
• Your favourite songs and the musical concepts behind them
• Fretboard knowledge
• Guitar effects and equipment
• Metres/time signatures
• Chords and chord progressions
• Scales, modes and arpeggios
• Keys and key changes
• Circle of Fifths
• Ear training
• Learn how to jam
• Compose musical ideas in the moment
• Playing variations
• Listening and responding to other musicians
• Conveying emotions
Songwriting & Composition
• Structure and form
• The three dimensions of music (rhythm, pitch and timbre)
• Composing with drums, guitar, bass, piano, vocals, synths, samples etc.
• Telling a story
• Conveying emotions
• Composing different styles & genres
• Ableton Live
• Sound Design
• Beyond the loop (arrangement and structure)
• Drum basics
• Piano basics
• Playing in bands
• Playing live
• Music industry
• Social Media
You … • should be motivated and play/practice at home
• should have an interest in creating music
• can get better and I will help you make it happen
• £ 30/60 minutes
• Online and offline
• English or German
• Flexible times
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Additional Languages: English (British)
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- University of Applied Sciences Dresden, Germany (2013) - International Business (Bachelors) (✔ On File)
- European Academy for Economy and Languages Dresden, Germany (2010) - Events Management (Professional) (✔ On File)
- Christian-Weise-Gymnasium Zittau, Germany (2005) - Abitur (A Levels) (College) (✔ On File)
|Total Amount Of Feedback:||7|
|Total Positive Feedback:|