Information About Floyer - Tower Hamlets teacher
This is how 2 referees rated Floyer:
Before attending music college I studied at Wells Cathedral School as a specialist Classical percussionist and Jazz drummer. I am now currently in my 4th year at the Guildhall School Of Music and Drama studying Jazz drum kit. I am part of many bands ranging from jazz quintets to function/popular music groups. I've had a wide range of performance opportunities from gigs with my current function band, Annex, to projects and masterclasses at Guildhall with artists such as Mike Walker, Eric Harland, Lincoln Centre Big band and Phronesis.
I am a versatile drummer playing a wide range of styles, including Swing, Funk, Hip hop, Big band, Afro Cuban, Brazillian, Popular music and electronic music (House, D&B etc)
At Wells Cathedral School :
- Conducting percussion workshops for deaf students in Exeter.
- outreach project in Hong Kong for young music students
- percussion work with deaf students out in Budapest
- Private tuition to younger kids 1-1, ranging ages from 7-10 years old
- taking a rhythm masterclass of young adults to seniors on a Classical/Jazz flute course in Tuscany
- coaching and running a master class as part of CYMT (part of Guildhall). Teaching 6th form students and kids from 5 - 12
- out reach projects in schools around the City of London area
Approach to tuition
I look to focus on a relaxed and fluid technique for all my students, although I strongly believe in inspiring students with exciting music listening, learning grooves and concepts from the recordings themselves. I am also very interested in recording techniques and mixing, specifically the way in which this helps to improve ones playing in the studio and the sound that one can get out of the drum kit.
I like to take students through a range of different playing styles, so that they become a well rounded player. I believe it is important to master a range of styles before specialising down to a specific genre of music. Working through exam books is one way of achieving this variety however I think it important to look at genre specific books, such as Afro Cuban, Jazz, funk etc, to really get into the fine details of playing these styles.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Wells Cathedral School (2015) - A level Music tech (School) (✔ On File)
- Wells Cathedral School (2013) - A level Music (School) (✔ On File)
- Wells Cathedral School (2013) - A level English (School) (✔ On File)
- Trinity Guildhall (2010) - Grade 8 drum kit (Other) (✔ On File)