Information About Emily - Stratford-upon-Avon teacher - (2 reviews)
This is how 3 referees rated Emily:
Emily offers a FREE first / introductory lesson!
ONLINE TUITION ONLY. Hi, my name is Emily and I am a professional contemporary vocalist and session singer offering online singing lessons covering a range of styles and levels for all ages.
Live and studio vocalist
• Recorded and/or performed with: - Rod Stewart, The Science of the Lamps, Rose Kimberley, Backwoods Creek, Dylan Jakobsen, Dean Parker, Revelry, Greyhaven, Mica Jane, Downtown Roundabout, the ACM Electron Acappella Choir and the ACM House Band
• Backing Vocalist with The Science of the Lamps
- Performed on UK headline tour March/April 2017
- Regular gigs and festival appearances, including Liverpool Sound City 2018 and Threshold Festival 2017-2019
- Writing/recording vocals for album
• Provided vocals for sync projects, such as TV adverts
• Latitude - London based function and corporate events band
• Backing vocalist on Rose Kimberley UK 2019 Tour and featured on BBC Introducing Devon & Cornwall
AllStar Choir - Vocal Tutor
• Leading choirs of up to 30 children mainly aged 4 -11 years old
• Teaching popular songs, incorporating harmonies, movement and music theory
• Creating lesson plans
• Organising choirs under my supervision to ensure all necessary material is learnt for AllStar Choir performances
The British School of Rock - Vocal Tutor
• Teaching children a range of popular rock songs and the techniques that feature in the genre
• Live band workshop sessions – song of the week performed with students from other disciplines
• Educating students in stage etiquette, movement (performance) and music theory
The Rock Project - Vocal Tutor
• Tutoring groups of children, aged 7 upwards, and adults, with differing vocal abilities
• Teaching popular songs and vocal health
• Live band workshop sessions with students of other disciplines (guitar, bass, keys and drums)
• Providing additional tuition in music theory, movement (stage presence) and stage etiquette
Leanne Edwards School of Theatre Arts
• Teaching popular musical theatre repertoire and current pop hits
• Guiding students through Trinity Rock & Pop grades
• Teaching improvisation skills and ear training
Private Music Tutor (2013 - Present)
• Vocal, piano and music theory tuition
• Teaching a variety of musical genres
• Tutoring pupils of various ages and abilities
• Incorporating ear training and improvisation techniques into lessons
• Liaising with students and/or parents via email or phone
• Creating worksheets
Interned at Aurora Borealis Music
• Artist liaison - communicating with artists about details of upcoming performances and future plans
• Stage Manager – Cowley Road Carnival 2018
- Artist Liaison
- Working with festival promoters to ensure their expectations are met
- Instructing production crew on the requirements for each artist
- Ensuring the stage is on schedule and running smoothly
- Dealing with any issues that may arise effectively
• Social media promotion campaign for events such as Cowley Road Carnival, Oxford
• Collecting and paying invoices
• Registering music with PPL
• Organising and coordinating rehearsals and studio recordings
Attended Vocology In Practice, Premiere Teacher Education Forum, London 2018.
Attended The Voice Forum Conference, May 2020.
Singing is such a magical, personal experience and the voice is unique to each one of us, which is why each lesson will be unique. Some of the little ones I teach need more direction and focus, whereas some of the adults I teach come to each lesson and tell me what they would like to spend their time on that day.
Looking to perfect a musical theatre number, Pop hit or classic Rock song? We can focus on that! Interested in (or, if you're like me, obsessed with) the vocal science behind how the voice works and how we can use that information to take our singing to the next level? Let's explore that! Want help with vocal technique so that you can tackle some challenging pieces? We can do that too!
For me, it's about tailoring the lessons to achieve your goals, so that
a) you learn what you want to learn,
b) you enjoy each lesson,
c) you actually practise, because you are learning something you are enthusiastic about, and,
d) you achieve your singing goals and get out there and do your thing, whatever it may be!
If you are not sure what your singing goals are or what repertoire you would like to look at, that's ok too, I can help you figure out what gets you excited about singing. Then, we'll come up with a plan for how to get you from where you are now, to where you want to be.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekdays (daytime)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- NSPCC (2019) - Child Protection: an introduction (Other) (✔ On File)
- Academy of Contemporary Music (2017) - First Class BMus (Hons) in Professional Music Performance (Bachelors) (✔ On File)
|Total Amount Of Feedback:||2|
|Total Positive Feedback:|
She is enthusiastic, has a wonderful voice and is a real pleasure to teach!