Information About Elizabeth - Tower Hamlets teacher
This is how 2 referees rated Elizabeth:
I have been a musician for most of my life. I have played piano for 22 years, violin/viola for 17 years, oboe/cor anglais for 15 years, and also partook in organ and vocal lessons for fun. I have experience performing multiple genres, including classical, contemporary, jazz, operas, and musical theatre. I have a passion for collaboration, whether I am working in a duo or in a large symphonic orchestra. I bring a positive attitude to any ensemble that I am a part of, and enjoy connecting with other people through my art.
• 1-1 weekly private lessons to various students ages 12 - 65 (beginner to early advanced), assisting in competition preparation where students received high marks if applicable
• Assisting in the teaching of beginner - intermediate string classes
• Teaching monthly classes for children ranging from infants to children 4 years of age
• Facilitating masterclasses
• Leading group sectionals
I believe that music at its core should be enjoyable. I push students to become better, and teach practice techniques to help them develop problem-solving skills they can implement in their independent practice. I believe all students deserve the same respect and attention, regardless of the students level or future musical aspirations. I implement both traditional repertoire (i.e. ABRSM) and technique studies, but if a student has a special musical interest, I attempt to also implement that into the experience. I believe in direct, but positive critiquing and encouragement. I find that if a student has a positive mindset towards their practice, they'll be more inclined to do their best and improve!
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Royal Academy of Music (2021) - Viola Performance (Masters) (✔ On File)
- Lamont School of Music, University of Denver (2019) - Certificate in Viola Performance (Other) (✔ On File)
- Kansas State University (2017) - Viola & Oboe Performance (Bachelors) (✔ On File)