Information About Elias - Ilford teacher
This is how 3 referees rated Elias:
Elias offers a discount of 50% on their first / introductory lesson!
Versatile and improvisational skills while performing and teaching, can cover different stylistics genres such as:
• Latin- Brazilian; Samba, Bossa Nova, Baião, Forrô, Oludum, Frevo, Maracatu.
• Latin- Cuban; Rumba, Salsa, Cha Cha Cha, Son, Danzon, Bolero, Mambo,
• Pop- Rock, Funk, Soul, Reggae, Jazz.
• Talented at promoting creative expression among students of different levels of learning.
• High-energy Drummer/ Percussionist, inspiring and enthusiastic.
• Skillfully balances conventional and non-conventional methods of teaching,
bringing a variety of distinct approaches of repertoire to students and
Elias , internationally renowned drummer, percussionist, teacher and arranger,
mainly inspired by his original African roots mixed with European and Latin music.
With a 35 years career as a performer, recording session musician, and more than 10 years teaching experience delivering successful school classes, workshops and master classes worldwide.•
As an experienced teacher, Elias has been working around some schools and private classes in the UK and abroad, organising a couple of classes and workshops with children, youths and adults, establishing a dynamic interchange of music skills, music theory, grades and personal improvement of musicianship.
I am proficient in African and Latin rhythms and possess advanced skills passing on the energy and distinct cultural tastes of these styles. You will find me to be a down-to-earth and very amiable person, with excellent classroom communication skills and professional presentation. My empathy and interpersonal skills enable me to freely discuss any matter of concern with both students and parents of diverse social backgroundsI am very comfortable with all aspects of the current methods, including teaching musical concepts (such as rhythmic duration, pitch, dynamics, tone colour, texture and structure) as well as performance, composition, reading and listening skills. I possess solid understanding of these concepts and skills in the context of various musical styles, periods and genres.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Additional Languages: Spanish
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- University of Salford, Manchester (2013) - First Class Honours in Music (Bachelors) (✔ On File)