Information About Eleanor - Huddersfield teacher - (3 reviews)
This is how 2 referees rated Eleanor:
I am a soprano in the Huddersfield Choral Society and a vocal teacher for Musica Kirklees (Kirklees Music School) where I teach whole class singing/school choirs and one-to-one lessons at both primary and secondary level. I have taught privately for three years, offering music theory and composition lessons as well as vocal coaching. I have a first class honours degree in Musical Performance from Brunel University, London and have recently received my MA by Research in Musical Composition from the University of Huddersfield.
I have experience teaching singing to a large array of pupils across West Yorkshire, having worked at two different studios in Halifax before beginning work for Musica Kirklees.
Recent teaching highlights include:
* Y9 Student's 'distinction' in her BTECH Performing Arts
* Y9 Student's entry into Mrs Sunderland Music Festival
* Y6 Student's place at Rastrick High School Talented Musician Development Programme
In addition to vocal tuition I also mentored in composition at Huddersfield New College for two years running and have run two sound workshops for vulnerable adults through HOOT Creative Arts at the Yorkshire Children's Centre.
I enjoy an open and varied approach to teaching, exploring the student's voice through a range of styles and techniques to ensure a well-rounded musical education. I offer a range of classical and musical theatre repertoire as well as popular, jazz and rock styles. In addition to demonstrating and teaching the correct vocal technique, I offer discussion around what it means to learn a song and what it might mean to imitate a popular singer. For popular styles, I encourage exploration of the individual voice, rather than replicating other singers - we all have our own instrument!
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- University of Huddersfield (2016) - Composition by Research (Masters) (✘ Not On File)
- Brunel University (2013) - Musical Performance (1st Class Honours) (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)
- ABRSM (2010) - Grade 8 Singing (Distinction) (Other) (✘ Not On File)
- Notre Dame High School, Norwich (2010) - A-Level Music (School) (✘ Not On File)
|Total Amount Of Feedback:||3|
|Total Positive Feedback:|