Information About Chu-Hui - Chelsea teacher - (2 reviews)
This is how 2 referees rated Chu-Hui:
I'm a professional musician with teaching experienced more than 15 years in the U.K. and Taiwan. International concert Piano and Violist offering violin viola and piano lessons to committed students of all ages and levels.
My teaching totals over 10,000 hours in 10 cities and 3 countries. Among my students who went on to take ABRSM /Trinity exam which 95% achieved distinction. I am proud to report that over the years, some of my students successfully passed auditions at the NYO orchestra, Music Festivals during the summer.
* Taught Piano students from age 4 to 30, specialize in beginner/ intermediate tutoring
* Taught violin and viola students from age 4 to 70, specialize in small group tutoring
* Most of the students focus on playing instruments at a good level, rather than exams. As the result, they all have good fundamental techniques and end up getting Distinctions and Merit from the ABRSM exams.
*Familiar with ABRSM , Trinity and Suzuki Method.
My teaching style blends playfulness, positivity, and friendliness while setting expectations of hard work and high standards for music quality.
I take high responsibility in teaching my students and, in return, I expect involvement and dedication. I ask them to work hard and master basic skills through consistency and high-volume training. Gaining secure technique early on means the student will have less difficulty with music in the later stages of learning. While this may seem quite severe, I make the exercises more fun by turning them into games, especially when teaching young children.
I always try and encourage my pupils through praise and constructive criticism. The use of positive language when criticizing raises the self-esteem and motivation of pupils and by asking the pupil how they think they played and to identify problem areas creates a more pupil-directed environment, allowing the pupil to learn what they can learn, in their way and at their speed.
At the end of lessons, I encourage students to have some fun with the instrument, such as improvising, exploring the range of the violin, or playing through their favorite piece. I find this encourages the student’s creativity, confidence and allows their personality, both musical and social, to shine through.
*Home visit will required £5 travel expense.
*Lesson fee start from 45min / £50
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Additional Languages: Chinese
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Guildhall school of music and Drama (2017) - Orchestra Artistry (Masters) (✔ On File)
- Royal Birmingham Conservatoire (2016) - Orchestra performance PGdip (Professional) (✘ Not On File)
- Royal Birmingham Conservatoire (2015) - Solo Performance Master (Masters) (✔ On File)
- Tainan National University of the Art (2012) - Solo Performance (Bachelors) (✔ On File)
|Total Amount Of Feedback:||2|
|Total Positive Feedback:|
|Total Other Feedback: (not shown)||1|