Information About Chu-Hui - Chelsea teacher
This is how 2 referees rated Chu-Hui:
I am a passionate musician and also a friendly and dedicated music tutor with over 10 years of teaching experience in violin, viola, and piano. Having taught over 100 students over a wide range of levels, including postgraduate and professional players.
My teaching totals over 10,000 hours in 10 cities and 3 countries. Among my students who went on to take ABRSM /Trinity exam which 95% achieved distinction. I am proud to report that over the years, some of my students successfully passed auditions at the NYO orchestra, Music Festivals during the summer.
* Taught Piano students from age 4 to 30, specialize in beginner/ intermediate tutoring
* Taught violin and viola students from age 4 to 70, specialize in small group tutoring
* Most of the students focus on playing instruments at a good level, rather than exams. As the result, they all have good fundamental techniques and end up getting Distinctions and Merit from the ABRSM exams.
*Familiar with ABRSM and Suzuki Method.
My teaching style blends playfulness, positivity, and friendliness while setting expectations of hard work and high standards for music quality.
I take high responsibility in teaching my students and, in return, I expect involvement and dedication. I ask them to work hard and master basic skills through consistency and high-volume training. Gaining secure technique early on means the student will have less difficulty with music in the later stages of learning. While this may seem quite severe, I make the exercises more fun by turning them into games, especially when teaching young children.
I always try and encourage my pupils through praise and constructive criticism. The use of positive language when criticizing raises the self-esteem and motivation of pupils and by asking the pupil how they think they played and to identify problem areas creates a more pupil-directed environment, allowing the pupil to learn what they can learn, in their way and at their speed.
At the end of lessons, I encourage students to have some fun with the instrument, such as improvising, exploring the range of the violin, or playing through their favorite piece. I find this encourages the student’s creativity, confidence and allows their personality, both musical and social, to shine through.
*Home visit will required £5 travel expense.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Additional Languages: Chinese
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Guildhall school of music and Drama (2017) - Orchestra Artistry (Masters) (✔ On File)
- Royal Birmingham Conservatoire (2016) - Orchestra performance PGdip (Professional) (✘ Not On File)
- Royal Birmingham Conservatoire (2015) - Solo Performance Master (Masters) (✔ On File)
- Tainan National University of the Art (2012) - Solo Performance (Bachelors) (✔ On File)