Information About Chris - Glasgow teacher - (3 reviews)
This is how 3 referees rated Chris:
I am an experienced voice teacher, singer, accompanist and offer professional training for all ability levels in a fun, safe, non-pressured environment.
I work with a mixture of clients who vary in age, level of musical training and reasons for taking lessons.
Working on a freelance basis with the National Youth Choir of Scotland, I have been a member of the music staff for National Boys Choir providing singing lessons, musicianship work and accompanist. Moreover, as a peripatetic vocal instructor for Youth Music Initiative, I delivered Kodaly based singing and musicianship lessons and led vocal workshops for various local authorities.
I am a fully qualified secondary music teacher with experience of preparing pupils for ABRSM/Trinity/SQA exams and working with students who have learning difficulties as well as speech and language pathology.
Having a strong commitment to improving my teaching practice, I regularly attend singing teacher training courses with Vocal Process (a multi-genre, vocal education CPD provider) and the British Voice Association which I'm a member of.
Students are taught in a safe and friendly environment to ensure that they feel comfortable and at ease to try something new or different – without judgement.
Lessons focus on achieving the goals of the individual singer. Some clients come for weekly lessons or, due to time constraints, prefer to have drop-in sessions when they have specific projects and require support. Examples of the type of work I undertake with clients includes:
* singing for wellbeing - focusing on body, breath, ease of singing and fun song
* audition preparation - guidance in choosing appropriate songs and memorising of cuts
* singing grade examinations - teaching of songs and supporting studies
* targeted song work - unpicking the tricky section of a song
* vocal coaching - working on the musical and performance targets of a song
All of the above will feature the development of a client's vocal technique: alignment; tone; range; breath management; and performance through exercises and repertoire specific to the client.
If you would like to find out more, please do not hesitate to get in touch and arrange a consultation.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- University of Strathclyde (2016) - Secondary Education (Music) (PGCE) (✔ On File)
- Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance (2012) - Voice (Masters) (✔ On File)
- Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance (2012) - Instrumental/Vocal Teaching (Other) (✔ On File)
- Royal Conservatoire of Scotland (2008) - Piano (Bachelors) (✔ On File)
|Total Amount Of Feedback:||3|
|Total Positive Feedback:|
|Total Other Feedback: (not shown)||1|