Information About Céline - Kensington teacher - (5 reviews)
This is how 3 referees rated Céline:
I am a French cellist and singer settled in London. I started the Conservatoire in Normandy at the age of 6 and got my certificates there before studying in Paris suburbs, including the ‘Conservatoire de Versailles’ where I obtained a certificate in Pedagogy.
Playing in orchestras is a real passion for me - as is teaching - and I have been principal cello of the Symphony Orchestra and Chamber Orchestra of Royal Holloway here in London.
My musical activities as a cellist and singer allow me to teach both classical music and popular music, as I equally play and sing in classical orchestras or folk rock bands.
Plus, I graduated in Music § Musicology at La Sorbonne University in Paris and got my certificates in Musicianship/Solfeggio and History of Music from the ‘Conservatoire de Rouen’ so that I can help in these areas of studies as well.
- Cello teacher at CEM (Centre of Musical Expression) (France) from 2008 to 2010 - Classical techniques and popular music
- Cello teacher at 'Atelier de Musique du Havre' (France) from 2009 to 2011 - Classical techniques and popular music
- Cello teacher at Saint-Romain-de-Colbosc (France) School of Music from 2009 to 2013 - Classical
- Solfeggio/Musicianship at 'Conservatoire Rachmaninov - Paris 16e' (France)
- Musical animations (presentations, individual lessons, orchestra at school) both in France and England (eg. Le Havre; French Primary School - South Kensington, London)
- Personal voice coach (singing & drama)
As long as I can remember, I always wanted to teach music! So I found some ways to do it as soon as I could (by doing musical animations in primary schools when I was still a teenager for example).
I think that every tutee is unique, so it seems important to me to adapt my pedagogy to each personality I have in front of me. It is essential to define the best way to teach someone.
Playing in different kinds of styles (classical and popular music) allows me to use different techniques and sometimes to mix them to find the best way for the student to perform.
* Please be aware that due to the impossibility of finding a replacement in short notice, there is a cancellation policy. Any weekly tuition cancelled less than 24 hours in advance is due in full; and any tuition within an Intensive Course Package will be charged 50 per cent if cancelled up to a week in advance, or due in full if cancelled less than a week in advance.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Additional Languages: English (British), French
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Royal Holloway University of London (2016) - Postgraduate in Performance (Masters) (✔ On File)
- La Sorbonne University of Paris (France) (2014) - Degree Certificate in Music § Musicology (Bachelors) (✔ On File)
- Versailles Conservatoire (France) (2010) - Unit Value in Pedagogy (Other) (✔ On File)
- Le Havre § Rouen Conservatoires (France) (2009) - DEMR in Music (Professional) (✔ On File)
|Total Amount Of Feedback:||5|
|Total Positive Feedback:|
She is an inspiring kind and highly skilled teacher
Celine has taken the time to talk to her and find out what music she likes and why and what she enjoys doing.
Celine has been accomodating for date and times to work around the other extra curricular activities which our daughter has.
Based on our experience so far I would definitely recommend Celine.
It's a pleasure to teach his little girl. Nice to work with such smiley and motivated people!