Information About Catalin Marius - Southwark teacher - (8 reviews)
This is how 2 referees rated Catalin Marius:
Catalin Marius offers a FREE first / introductory lesson!
Currently teaching online for a fee of £10 for complete beginners and £15 for intermediate students. This includes a one-hour lesson and 30 minutes of prep time. I am providing fresh written and video material and even custom videos (for instance for songs you may want to learn).
Why choose online?
- because what was previously travel time is now invested in preparing specific material for your lessons.
- because there is no limit to what you can learn online. Additional offline video material is provided to help give you the best picture and sound quality.
- to help prevent the spread of coronavirus: I'm sure you're looking forward to attending a concert as much as I am to playing one! :)
- I have high-speed internet, a full HD (1080p) camera and if call quality is poor on our first lesson we can run tests free of charge until we fix things. Quality has improved steadily for me and my students since March 2020.
Since 2010 I have been a self-taught guitarist and singer, performing at a variety of events and constantly jamming with new musicians and discovering new bands. I was the frontman and manager of a jam/cover band from 2014 to 2016. I am currently the frontman of Stitch in Time.
My influences are diverse, although centered around rock, indie and the associated genres. I'm very open minded. In music, I look for originality, creativity and intensity, not a specific style. For that reason, I try to inspire my students to put what I teach them to good use in their own personal way.
Since early 2015 I have been a private, self-employed tutor. I have been teaching students whose musical interests range from pop and classic rock to trash metal. My students either pursue guitar as a hobby or a creative outlet, writing songs or performing in bands.
Lessons take 60 minutes, which includes revision. I will provide you with notes after every lesson and help you organize your practice time. Also included are samples and prerecorded exercises where necessary. Occasionally, there is video material attached.
Beginners and fresh starters will get a good overview and a strong foundation of applicable skills. I keep things simple. You will get to enjoy what you learn very soon. Technique and repertoire/performance are equally as important. I also do songs of your choice.
Intermediate guitarists have the chance not only to learn new concepts, but to fix past mistakes and gain confidence in their playing. No aspect of your playing will be ignored.
With the knowledge and skills gained from my lessons you should be able to tackle any genre you wish at a stage-ready level.
My rates are:
- £25, if I travel to you
- £15 if you travel to me (guitar provided)
- £10/hour for online lessons (typically only done when either one of us is not in town or can't travel but also available on request)
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Additional Languages: English (American)
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- University of the Arts London (2019) - Bachelor of Arts (Bachelors) (✔ On File)
- Not applicable (2016) - IELTS (Other) (✔ On File)
- National College "Carol I" (2013) - European Baccalaureate (School) (✔ On File)
Catalin Marius's Feedback
|Total Amount Of Feedback:||8|
|Total Positive Feedback:|
It's been 3 months since she started and she still loving these lessons and her progress is very noticeable. Catalin is very calm and patient with her but keep her interested on the lessons. He will send well explained and organised written work to students to practice at home. He will give you honest feedback as well. Very easy communication with him, since the beginning. He will respond quickly and accommodate dates the best he can. Highly recommended as a teacher and nice guy to have around.