Information About Carmen - Leamington Spa teacher
Hi I'm Carmen and I'm 19 years old, currently going into my second year of studying mathematics at the University of Warwick. I learnt with Gillian Thoday for 3 years and currently learn with Nick Roberts at university.
I have always taken an active role in music wherever I may be! I currently hold a music scholarship for the cello at Warwick and lead the University of Warwick Symphony and Chamber Orchestras, and have just spent the summer with National Youth String Orchestra. I also enjoy singing and dancing, and use my excellent organisational and time-management skills to ensure I can take part in all the societies that interest me.
I have a professional attitude from working professionally in theatre and accountancy. I would be comfortable teaching any age. I am a patient, efficient and understanding person and have a passion for music which I would seek to share with anyone I teach.
I have tutored maths privately, taught dance, mentored students for general well being as well as maths and french, volunteered to run lunchtime sessions with neighbouring primary schools including a disabled school and babysat. Although I have never taught cello I believe this experience would help in making me a great cello teacher.
- Talk with the student to build a rapport and understand their current level
- Create a relaxed learning environment
- Work out the student's goals which may be working for exams or simply playing through music
- Focus on technique and give musicality ideas
- Constantly demonstrate
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: No (✘ Not On File)
- The Latymer School (2012) - A* Music A-level (School) (✘ Not On File)
- Judith Brearley (2010) - Distinction Grade 8 Cello (Other) (✘ Not On File)