Information About Ania - Barking teacher
This is how 2 referees rated Ania:
I am a professional Artist and Teacher and work in a variety of different mediums. My specialisms lie in Singing, Songwriting, Sculpture, Ceramics, and Drawing. As well as exploring these art forms for my own personal growth, I am also a talented teacher who has a passion for guiding others towards their full creative potential.
With extensive training and experience spanning over a decade, I graduated from Camberwell College of Art, Brighton University, Cardiff and the Institute of Contemporary Music Performance. I am a well-equipped and experienced teacher who works with people of all abilities and ages.
My particular passion and specialism lies in melody, creativity unlocking, rediscovering our inner voice and emotional connection and expression of song.
- Tutoring in singing lessons one on one for the past two years to people of all abilities and ages.
- Extensive experience teaching creativity workshops: Loosening up, drawing, creative expression in singing, connecting to inner voice (one on one and small groups).
- Primary school (age 9-11) singing classes: Grafton Primary school, Henry Green school.
Secondary school singing classes: Brittons secondary school, Warren Comprehensive school, Emerson Park secondary school.
- Over 4 years teaching experience in schools all over London: Art & Design.
My teaching style is very intuitive, fluid, flexible, perceptive and creative. I am warm and charismatic and use a gentle and informed approach to help you unlock your inner voice. I will help you build increased confidence and how to feel comfortable in your body when singing. This is done through various warm up techniques, breathing exercises, physical warm ups and getting into a relaxed and desirable state from where to sing. I offer immediate and insightful feedback on how to improve singing and connection to song and emotional content of the song. I do this by creating a safe and nurturing environment in which to explore, play and work on your vocal expression.
The singing lessons are completely tailored around you and what you would like to do with your voice. Usually I would ask my students to tell me what genre they enjoy listening to and singing, what particular songs they would like to sing to make the lessons and as enjoyable and meaningful.
Although technique is important, it is not usually my preferred starting point. My focus is on connection to the body when singing and authentic expression using the voice. By starting to unravel and discover your own unique unique sound and voice – the methods and singing techniques will naturally follow ensuring healthy use of the body and voice.
Please note – It is not necessary to play any instruments or to have any music theory or previous experience for the singing lessons.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Additional Languages: Polish
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Institute of Contemporary Music Performance, London (2012) - Vocals Higher Diploma (College) (✘ Not On File)
- Institute of Education, London (2010) - Art & Design Secondary School Training (PGCE) (✘ Not On File)
- Cardiff School of Art & Design (UWIC), Cardiff (2008) - Ceramics (Masters) (✘ Not On File)
- Brighton University, Brighton (2006) - Woods, Metals, Ceramics & Plastics (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)