Skip to main content

Information About Andy - Rainham teacher -

Profile Picture

Andy's profile picture

References

This is how 2 referees rated Andy:

Reliability

Trustworthiness

Professionalism

Badges

Instruments Taught

Andy offers a discount of 50% on their first / introductory lesson!

Guitar

Hourly Fee
Beginner £27.00
Intermediate £27.00
Advanced £27.00
Expert £27.00
Casual £27.00

Map Location

Personal Description:

*** NOTE: ONLY AVAILABLE LESSONS ARE DURING THE WEEK IN THE DAYTIME AT THE MOMENT. ***

Hey, I have been playing guitar for 21 years and privately teaching for 8. I graduated from the Institute of Contemporary Music Performance in London where I received a scholarship to study a Higher Diploma in guitar (1 year course) and a BA in music (3 year degree).
I studied Guitar, Musical Composition, Harmony and Theory, Music Production, and various styles of playing such as: Rock, Blues, Pop, RnB, Funk, Metal, Jazz and general guitar techniques.

I also do session guitar work, playing for artists or bands who hire me for studio work or live shows. The two main highlights of my session career have been playing in Los Angeles, and at Glastonbury Festival 2017 on the BBC stage.

I’m influenced by guitarists such as: John Mayer, Mateus Asato (guitarist for Tori Kelly), Paul Gilbert, Jimi Hendrix, Angus Young, Dave Gilmour and Eric Gales.

Tutoring Experience:

I’m a full time guitar tutor, teaching privately and in schools. I teach all ages and levels - from beginner to advanced. Currently, I have students as young as 6, and also adults learning guitar in their retirement.

I currently teach around 70% of my private students grade material, in preparation for exams. The other 30% of my students are either learning guitar for fun, or are serious guitar players looking to develop technique and discover new styles and concepts.

Lessons can either be in person or online. Having a lesson online doesn’t affect the way I teach, and runs just as easily as a face to face lesson.

Tutoring Approach:

When any student starts to learn guitar it can feel overwhelming as it may seem like there’s lots of different techniques and aspects of the guitar to learn, or you have started learning a few songs and don’t know where to go next to progress to your fullest potential.
A few other common issues students have are: changing chords, strumming, rhythm and whether or not to learn music theory.
I think what’s missing is structured lessons best suited to the individual. I focus every lesson on creating materials to challenge students in proportion to their ability and musical interest. Guitar lessons should be fun, and if they are, students are more likely to practise and get better. It’s a win win!

I have been teaching grade material nearly every day for 10 years, and not 1 student has failed an exam. I worked out early on that passing a guitar exam is very easy with the right direction.

Tutor Resources: (free to download)

Please login or register to download tutor resources.

Native Language: English (British)
Availability: Weekdays (daytime)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)

Qualifications:

  • Registry of Guitar Tutors (2015) - Member of the RGT (Other) (✔ On File)
  • The Institute of Contemporary Music and Performance (2014) - Music Performance (Professional) (✔ On File)
  • The British Academy of New Music (2013) - Grade 8 guitar (College) (✔ On File)
  • The British Academy of New Music (2011) - Level 3 B TEC freelance music practitioner (College) (✔ On File)

Tags: Rainham Guitar teacher, Rainham Beginner Guitar teacher, Rainham Intermediate Guitar teacher, Rainham Advanced Guitar teacher, Rainham Expert Guitar teacher, Rainham Casual Guitar teacher