Information About Andrew - Market Harborough teacher
A talented and versatile guitarist and music graduate with 15 years professional music industry and 4 years primary and secondary schools experience. Knowledgeable in both the musical theoretical aspects of the guitar and the technical side of playing. Empathetic and helpful approach to teaching applying various techniques to ensure understanding of the instrument and the difficult musical theory side. Always ready to listen to pupils and suggest different
• Being signed to Atlantic Records as an artist, playing around the world on cruise ships and teaching guitar to various ages groups”.
• Good reading, comping and soloing skills.
• Good stage presence and is particularly good when required to stand and play a rock solo providing a good model for pupils to copy.
• Punctual and well prepared with lesson planning and the execution of good lessons. The aim of the lesson planning is to provide engaging sessions with a holistic approach with a tangible outcome.
• Supporting students to achieve music GCSE’s
• Rock school grading, with a 100 percent pass rate
• Knowledgeable in theory and practical sides of music
• Prepares thoroughly for lessons with bespoke lesson planning. Making sure room is tidy, fully equipped and resources are available to students, such as worksheets, CD/MP3 player and a working instrument which was in tune.
• Considers student requirements and needs by asking the students what their goals are and by discussing with their classroom teacher what exams and performances the student might have. Then steering the lessons in a way to enable the students to be fully prepared for exams for the above.
• Plans lesson to keep things interesting by finding out what music the students likes and also exposing them to music they might not have known about.
• Is patient and encouraging to student/students
• Regularly researches new teaching techniques
• Keeps note of students attendance and progression
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: No (✘ Not On File)
- Salford University (2002) - Popular Music and Recording (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)