Information About Alfie - Manchester teacher
This is how 2 referees rated Alfie:
I am a passionate and enthusiastic professional drummer/drum tutor who is based in Manchester. A graduate of both the Royal Northern College of Music and the Brit School. I am an experienced live and studio musician who has worked with a wide array of bands and solo artists across many genres. This work has led to performing at venues such as the Reading and Leeds Festival, BBC Broadcasting House, Ronnie Scott’s, The Cavern Club and Band On The Wall. I have also recorded at studios such as BBC Radio 2, Blueprint, Estúdios Sá da Bandeira and SSR. Alongside this I have also toured Belgium, Germany and Portugal with orchestras, wind and jazz bands. As a teacher I am hugely motivated to help young people engage with music and I take pride in delivering enjoyable and rewarding drum tuition. I hope to use my knowledge and experience to spark passion and enthusiasm in the students that I teach so that they continue to enjoy learning and playing music.
Music Teacher, Self Employed
Rock Out Music School, St Clements Church, 6 Edge Lane, Manchester. 2015 – Present.
Cheadle Hulme Music Academy, 201 Grove Lane, Cheadle Hulme, Cheshire. 2017-2018.
Key Responsibilities and Skills:
- Delivering drum tutoring to 6-17 year olds respective of the curriculum of each institution.
- Guiding students through the programme and charting their progress.
- Adapting teaching methods in order to get the best out of each individual.
Radio and Outreach work
Reform Radio, Bonded Warehouse, 18 Lower Byrom Street, Manchester. August 2018 – January 2019.
Sonder Radio, Bonded Warehouse, 18 Lower Byrom Street, Manchester. August 2018 – January 2019.
Key Responsibilities and Skills:
- Outreach work with elderly people.
- A knowledge of safeguarding in order to responsibly deal with vulnerable people.
- Developed my ability to deal with sensitive situations in a mature and sensible way.
- Established workshop leading skills through community projects with the elderly.
- My patient and caring personality helped me build up a rapport with those that I worked with.
I am a calm and encouraging drum tutor currently working at the Rock Out Music School in Chorlton, Manchester. As a teacher, my main objective is that students attain a good facility on their instrument whilst developing an understanding of the music that we play. I acknowledge that no two students are the same and therefore there is not a single learning method that would work for every student. With this in mind, I try my best to be as flexible as possible in my teaching methods and adapt each lesson to best cater to the individual’s needs. Above all, I hope that my wealth of experience as a professional musician can be used to spark passion and enthusiasm in the students that I teach so that they continue to enjoy learning and playing music.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: No (✘ Not On File)
- Royal Northern College of Music (2019) - BMus Hons in Popular Music, First Class (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)
- The Brit School (2015) - A Levels A* Music (College) (✘ Not On File)